Sublime Sound

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
Hi Bill, That was just for the photo. I got the arm yesterday and plan to design and have machined a custom outboard arm pod on which to mount the arm. It will fit, but the calculations are a bit complicated. I'll figure it out and then have someone make the apparatus. It should be a fun little project. I think patience will be required. I am very impressed with the build quality of the arm. My sample is in excellent condition and I have been cleaning it and getting to understand how it works. I am not quite on speed dial with David K, but he has offered his help, and I appreciate it.

Dec 26, 2018
Peter, if you remember, I took contact with you concerning thé xa160.5 as I had at this Time a xa100.5 driving my pair of Sasha. They are always at home. My preamp was a ar ref5se, that I change à few months ago with a passive preamp, the Bespoke Audio... my source is now a dcs Rossini...

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Hi Bill, That was just for the photo. I got the arm yesterday and plan to design and have machined a custom outboard arm pod on which to mount the arm. It will fit, but the calculations are a bit complicated. I'll figure it out and then have someone make the apparatus. It should be a fun little project. I think patience will be required. I am very impressed with the build quality of the arm. My sample is in excellent condition and I have been cleaning it and getting to understand how it works. I am not quite on speed dial with David K, but he has offered his help, and I appreciate it.
Sounds an interesting project! I will be watching with keen interest. Might be worth also asking Mik (108CY) - he is bound to have experimented with a 2nd mount or at least custom mounts.

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
Sounds an interesting project! I will be watching with keen interest. Might be worth also asking Mik (108CY) - he is bound to have experimented with a 2nd mount or at least custom mounts.
Good idea. I have spoken to Mik a few times about tables and arms. He does have experience, surely.

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
Peter, if you remember, I took contact with you concerning thé xa160.5 as I had at this Time a xa100.5 driving my pair of Sasha. They are always at home. My preamp was a ar ref5se, that I change à few months ago with a passive preamp, the Bespoke Audio... my source is now a dcs Rossini...
Sorry, I remember now. Yes, I made the same change with amps. The Pass power ratings are different, but they also seem to sound slightly different from each other. And mixing with different model or series preamps can also be interesting. I really liked the Rossini when I heard it at my dealership.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing