Stage 3 Concept Power Cords

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Looking for feedback on the Stage 3 power cords . Has anybody had the chance to audition these and form an opinion . Two sources whom I checked , had one thing to say in common to their presentation " Balanced " .

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Looking for feedback on the Stage 3 power cords . Has anybody had the chance to audition these and form an opinion . Two sources whom I checked , had one thing to say in common to their presentation " Balanced " .

I have no personal experience but I wonder what the 2 sources meant by "balanced" :confused:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
"Balanced" as in the C.G set at the centre of the aural spectrum , not leaning towards the treble nor dark and brooding favouring the bass . Hope it makes sense ...

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
Have/head all but the lowest/highest S3 AC cables.

They are the best I have had in my system. Even the Vortex Prime @ 2nd from the bottom is a killer cable.

The S3 Kracken,I am told, will reward one with a new sounding amp/system.

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
I have an extra 1.5 Meter Stage III Minotaur power cable that I would give someone a killer deal on . IMG_6542.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I have an extra 1.5 Meter Stage III Minotaur power cable that I would give someone a killer deal on . View attachment 11046

SammyT any impressions you would like to share on the cord . Tonal balance and such . Thanks in advance

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
Killer deal done and Sam is a great guy to deal with.

The Minotaur is an incredible cable and highly recommended!

Anyone else out there with a killer deal on S3 AC cables.?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Got the Stage iii Zyklops PC and Gryphon I/C ... still to run in , but seems to posses a smoothness and a natural full tone , am sure it will develop further.
photo 1-1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 5.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Smart move on the Zyklops not so smart on the Gryphon. Can you return the IC and get Brian's new Thales IC.?

Afraid not . Why the observation ? Have you tried it , seems to sound OK and getting better out the box . Any experience with their Minatour Speaker cables . Hope to have a Kraken inbound soon .

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
Afraid not . Why the observation ? Have you tried it , seems to sound OK and getting better out the box . Any experience with their Minatour Speaker cables . Hope to have a Kraken inbound soon .

AC cables are off the carts. Kraken is KING and SC's are good as IC. Thales will beat out the IC and they are working on the SC. I would wait on the Thales SC before dropping big $$$ in the S3.

Guy out in Cal. Has 8 K's .

Get rid of the IC/SC.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
AC cables are off the carts. Kraken is KING and SC's are good as IC. Thales will beat out the IC and they are working on the SC. I would wait on the Thales SC before dropping big $$$ in the S3.

Guy out in Cal. Has 8 K's .

Get rid of the IC/SC.

Glory .. I am comparing in house to Siltech Double Crown , ZenSati Seraphim & Jorma Prime so the playing field is stern an I find the S3 acquitting itself rather well compared to it's peers . I find the S3 , quite nuanced and balanced . I guess it depends on system synergy . Will keep at it longer , so that I can assess it's character better . Not to aware about the Thales , will have a look . Thanks for the heads up .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing