Shims for Center Stage 2M...

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
Where are the shims placed for the Center Stage 2M? On top of the 2ms or underneath, on the platform under the footers? My footers look slightly lopsided, but I assume if the footers need to be directly against the component, then the shims are for the platform everything is sitting on. No instructions came with the footers, so I want to be sure I have them set up correctly (just arrived).

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
Thank you for the quick response, Steve.

Would this then apply to a set sent in the past seven days? I might be mistaking the little black discs that came with them for shims.

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
Steve, is the 0.8 footer being revised? I had ordered a second set of the 0.8 footers, but was told today that the 0.8 footer is...unavailable, for lack of a better term. So, it left me wondering if there is a revision in the smallest footer in the line.

Impressive results, by the way. Very impressive, particularly to the human voice, either male or female. So much more "there"- ness to the voices, as though they are being more harmonically fleshed out and delivered to the listener's ears. The far more lowered noise floor permits a "hearing into" even in pop recordings (before autotune, so we're talking mid-80's music) so that when a lead singer backs him/herself up, you can hear both his lead and his backup vocals apart from each other.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing