Introducing the All-new Center Stage Ultra TT Feet for Turntables and Center Stage Ultra TD Feet for Tape Decks

Wutang-401`

Dec 6, 2023
Sydney, Australia
@Steve Williams
I thought Joe's edict about other vibration management had a hierarchy as in:
MOST wrong is combining two isolation/vibration management footers on ONE device (i presume)

LESS wrong (but as per Steve Williams above) is having CMS on one device and something else on another device. (maybe "wrong" but the situation we will all be in I'd assume)

So to repeat - Arguably the above scenario (more devices than CMS footer sets) will happen to all of us with more devices we want to manage vibration on than CMS footer sets.

So for example I have 4 sets of CMS and one set of Wally Neumann (for my DAC) and speakers on Isoacoustics Gaia. It sounds great!

Will it sound better when I receive the LS2.25 to put under the speakers. I think so.

But I can tell you I am getting alot of CMS benefit despite the use of other footers on other devices (not same device).

Of course I am ignorant as to what a full CMS setup sounds like. But I want to reassure people that installing one set of CMS footers in your system is worth it. Yes more is better. But it all makes a very positive and substantial difference.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
@Steve Williams
I thought Joe's edict about other vibration management had a hierarchy as in:
MOST wrong is combining two isolation/vibration management footers on ONE device (i presume)

LESS wrong (but as per Steve Williams above) is having CMS on one device and something else on another device. (maybe "wrong" but the situation we will all be in I'd assume)

So to repeat - Arguably the above scenario (more devices than CMS footer sets) will happen to all of us with more devices we want to manage vibration on than CMS footer sets.

So for example I have 4 sets of CMS and one set of Wally Neumann (for my DAC) and speakers on Isoacoustics Gaia. It sounds great!

Will it sound better when I receive the LS2.25 to put under the speakers. I think so.

But I can tell you I am getting alot of CMS benefit despite the use of other footers on other devices (not same device).

Of course I am ignorant as to what a full CMS setup sounds like. But I want to reassure people that installing one set of CMS footers in your system is worth it. Yes more is better. But it all makes a very positive and substantial difference.
I can tell you that each set you add causes noticeable benefit. The best case scenario for his footers is his footers sitting on his platforms.

Reactions: CKKeung

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
@joelavrencik I have a Linn LP12 fitted with the trampolin 2 isolation baseboard. I imagine I can’t fit ultra footers under my deck as combining several isolation products would be counterproductive?

Wutang-401`

Dec 6, 2023
Sydney, Australia
i received 2 sets of LS2.25 for speakers. stuck them under my AN-E speakers which are on stands. so the LS2.25 are under the stands. didn't use a bolt. just placed them under. they are not even in best places for weight bearing as some screw heads interfered with placement.

the footers replace Gaia.

before the Gaia i had many issues with speakers. boomy. bare wood floors with a big void under them. the Gaia's did an amazing job and so cheap! i was amazed by the Gaia's. thought they would never leave.

i stick the LS footers in and immediately it sounded much better than Gaia's. which is crazy to me but here we are. LS don't have same "sound" Gaia's have. more of frequency spectrum coming thru. less affect. the LS footers made the Gaia sound like chalk a bit. a nasty strain on the music that is only really noticed once it is gone.

the LS footers look funny. like little Japanese pets or something. they could be called "Sound Ballz" but apparently Joe doesn't want to sell too many of them so he calls them the LS2.25 ultra footer.

i have now ordered more footers so everything will be on a footer.

why? because to me these footers fix an issue which I don't even think alot of other isolation/vibration management manufacturers know is an issue. somehow they do stuff (i have no idea how) and they don't add to sound and that is saying alot more than it sounds like i am saying. they truly leave your system producing music and nothing else. it feels right, it sounds incredible. the only disadvantage i find is that they sound so right, that the moment i install them, i sort of take them for granted.

to me they fix a problem with hifi that few people even know exists. maybe there are other products like this but i never found them and i was looking.

Reactions: DarrellC

MusicFellow

Jan 3, 2022
With the 2M gone, are the TC the ones to use with components as the name suggests? They would be much cheaper if they are on par with the 1.5 2M… or would you instead get the Ultra TT, which at least would be a confusing labeling? Hehe, call me confused…

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have 76 Ultra TT in my system they are IMO better than the TC Depending on what you plan to use under another consideration is the even newer LS Ultra 2.5 designed for speakers but because of their size I use them under my Taiko Extreme where they clearly bettered the Ultra TT

The TC replaced the 0.8. The Ultra TT replaced the 1.5 and it also has auto leveling as well as height adjustable

Reactions: MusicFellow

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
How are adapters used?

I've not used any CMS product so I'm not familiar with the application of this new TT footer as a potential replacement for the Ultra 5s currently attached via 1/4-20 adapters to my turntable plinth.

I will need to assure the plinth's height position could be maintained to assure current integrity of the motor pod/belt to platter relationship.

View attachment 103638
Good morning. Sorry for the question but have you tried the tts under your Aries by replacing the stillpoints. I have to make a decision on what to mount on my Hr-x. What difference did you experience between the original presser feet and the stillpoints. in the past I had the arieS 3 and if I remember correctly the feet were identical to those of the HR. X.. any suggestion of yours would be appreciated, thanks in advance

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Good morning. Sorry for the question but have you tried the tts under your Aries by replacing the stillpoints. I have to make a decision on what to mount on my Hr-x. What difference did you experience between the original presser feet and the stillpoints. in the past I had the arieS 3 and if I remember correctly the feet were identical to those of the HR. X.. any suggestion of yours would be appreciated, thanks in advance
I've never worked with an Aries series III table.

I believe one needs to provide isolation for both the plinth and any outboard motor pod. I've done both for my Aries I. Both contributed to significant improvements in sonics. The ability to level each with the other also provides improved integrity concerning the pulley/belt/platter interface.

No, I've not had the opportunity to try the Center Stage Ultra TT feet and compare them to the Stillpoints I use.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing