Sensitive speakers that slam

Rawlit

Oct 6, 2021
Hello,

I'm struggling to find the right speakers for my use case

I'm currently using Wilson Sabrina speakers, sound is great, but my room is 25x25 in size and the Sabrinas struggle to pressurize it

Instead of upgrading to Sasha or similar I'm considering transitioning to more sensitive speakers, this will also allow me to use less powerful amps and save some space

What high sensitivity (>92db) speakers would you recommend with similar sound signature to Wilson's ?

I'm looking for an holographic soundstage, pin point imaging, great dynamics and slam with a base that pressurizes my room + WAF )

Budget in the range of my Sabrinas used + 30%

Thank you all!

Rawlit

Oct 6, 2021
Hello,

I'm struggling to find the right speakers for my use case

I'm currently using Wilson Sabrina speakers, sound is great, but my room is 25x25 in size and the Sabrinas struggle to pressurize it

Instead of upgrading to Sasha or similar I'm considering transitioning to more sensitive speakers, this will also allow me to use less powerful amps and save some space

What high sensitivity (>92db) speakers would you recommend with similar sound signature to Wilson's ?

I'm looking for an holographic soundstage, pin point imaging, great dynamics and slam with a base that pressurizes my room + WAF )

Budget in the range of my Sabrinas used + 30%

Thank you all!
Hello,

Any inputs? While researching I came across this speakers: NSMT model 100

Would these be comparable to my Sabrinas in slam and dynamics?

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Why not simply add some subwoofers? I'm curious which amplifiers are you currently running the Sabrina's with? Is your room heavily damped, e.g. drapes carpet, furniture etc.? If you have a photo of your room please post it and that will help the WBF readership to better understand your current challenges and make recommendations to meet your goals and objectives.

Sabrina speakers are excellent and will not be bested easily at your suggested price point. My own commercial interest aside (we are the US importer), the best solution I can suggest given currently available information is the AEquo Audio Stilla. The Stilla has truly extended bass to 20hz, excellent dynamics, pinpoint imaging and a holographic soundstage. Stilla' uses active bass amplification with a unique and easy to use analog room control system named "ARPEC" that allows easy placement and bass optimization which will surely help and can be powered to high levels by any well designed 75-100 watt tube or 100 watt transistor amplifier. Most of all they are among the most WAF friendly speakers offered at any price (just ask my interior designer wife)!

AEquo also offers a fully active version of the Stilla eliminating the need for a separate amplifier. Pricing in the US is in the $22-25k range depending on features etc.

Listed below is a link to their white papers describing AEquo's technology. Reviews can be found on Mono and Stereo, HFA, Six Moons and others.

Aequo_Stilla_setup_IMG_3280_550pix.jpg

Reactions: XV-1

Skanda

May 2, 2020
im planning on pairing subs with some efficient speakers - will report back. everything getting ordered :)

Reactions: gleeds and bonzo75

Ivo

Why not integrate them in the same speaker? Active bass on a very sensitive mid/high section (see above as example) does the trick without integration issues (filter slopes, time alignment etc) if the active section is fully analog.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing