S3 MK3 (2023) Arrived

way those speakers sound is going to make tough choice for any one considering M2.
...I think so too. You get some new tech with the S3 in the same way the A5 delivered. Not that the existing "old" tech is flawed, but this is how they are moving forward, and one benefits from the trickle-down tech of higher models. I am torn between loving your new speakers...and wishing I had not seen this thread! Just kidding. But it is very stimulating, even though I really enjoy my A5s with the Luxy gear.

...I think so too. You get some new tech with the S3 in the same way the A5 delivered. Not that the existing "old" tech is flawed, but this is how they are moving forward, and one benefits from the trickle-down tech of higher models. I am torn between loving your new speakers...and wishing I had not seen this thread! Just kidding. But it is very stimulating, even though I really enjoy my A5s with the Luxy gear.

i like the way Magico find way to improve sound between models and series,
A5 can move more air then previous and current S3’s but in the higher octaves it not in the same league.

The new S3 is much better then my previous ones, I’m sure next generation A and M will pu the envelope of the current ones.

Very impressive system
How big is the difference between the S and M models ?
Did you hear both ?

it used to be notable, M2 may not have the lower ability of the S, but the higher and middle frequencies music playing where on different levels.

The new S3 close most of this gap (referring to M2) between models.

Last edited:
At OP
Great system, I am sure it’s fantastic sounding given the attention to detail. Congrats on the S3… I have a friend waiting forever for one

Reactions: Audiophile666
At OP
Great system, I am sure it’s fantastic sounding given the attention to detail. Congrats on the S3… I have a friend waiting forever for one
I waited 8 months for my order to be delivered during that time I had the pleasure to host Yair Tamam (Magico llc CTO) at my place couple of times.
when I asked Yair about the order delay, Yair explained me they had issues with supply’s chain, do to Covid and the Ukraine Russia war.
Magico insisted not to compromise on material (mondurf capacitors, or some small parts that supplier Could not deliver on time) that caused the delays.

The good news, all this is over now and now Magico is shipping the anticipated S3’s that have been ordered

Last edited:
Any updated on the sound ? :)
Its getting better and better - system is working between 7 to 12 hours a day.
Those speakers are way (way) beyond previous S series league in all aspects.

All ought just few days into the break in process, I can all ready say, the new S3’s are way better then previous generation.

they are easier to drive, much more airy, sound details just jump on you with so much information that was not there before , soundstage Is about the same but so much more defined.

The lower end is moving more air in the lower octaves.

all ought I’m around 40+ hours into the break in process, Ivan say that way those speakers sound is going to make tough choice for any one considering M2.

Alon and Yair done superb job in designing the new S3, I can only imagine what next S5 and S7 push boundaries and the current M series.

Beautiful system!

Reactions: exupgh12
Beautiful system!
Thank you Lee.

Today I had tremendous fun visiting my old speakers at friend home.
The Magico’s replaced his Tidal Piano speakers, and with the help of two AVVA C214 active bass traps they sound just beautiful, reminding me that the break in process, at least when it comes to the mid’s are far from getting over.

I’m attaching phot of my old speakers at their new home.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Thank you Lee.

Today I had tremendous fun visiting my old speakers at friend home.
The Magico’s replaced his Tidal Piano speakers, and with the help of two AVVA C214 active bass traps they sound just beautiful, reminding me that the break in process, at least when it comes to the mid’s are far from getting over.

I’m attaching phot of my old speakers at their new home.
How is the sound shaping up?

Reactions: AudioGod
How is the sound shaping up?

There’s improvements in musicality, clarity and bass response, upper mid tones are getting there, but from my experience with Magico speakers there’s time till they will reveal their full potential.

There’s improvements in musicality, clarity and bass response, upper mid tones are getting there, but from my experience with Magico speakers there’s time till they will reveal their full potential.
Thanks! I am replacing s3 mk2s also, mine ship this week

Thanks! I am replacing s3 mk2s also, mine ship this week
If you haven't heard them before you're going for a big (and good) surprise.
Congratulations on your new speakers!

If you haven't heard them before you're going for a big (and good) surprise.
Congratulations on your new speakers!
Thanks , I have not heard them before but trust magicos evolution

Its getting better and better - system is working between 7 to 12 hours a day.
Those speakers are way (way) beyond previous S series league in all aspects.
Any update? Mine will arrive on 9/12 this coming week. The dealer is coming 11 days later(9/23) to help set them up. My gut tells me to install them and start breaking them in before the dealer gets here as opposed to having the dealer installing them for the first time on 9/23 and setting them up with zero hours on them, thoughts?

Any update? Mine will arrive on 9/12 this coming week. The dealer is coming 11 days later(9/23) to help set them up. My gut tells me to install them and start breaking them in before the dealer gets here as opposed to having the dealer installing them for the first time on 9/23 and setting them up with zero hours on them, thoughts?
I understand your situation and your concerns regarding the installation and equipment break-in process before the dealer's arrival. If you're confident in your ability to handle the task independently or with some assistance and it doesn't jeopardize any warranties, there's no apparent need to delay the setup until the dealer's scheduled visit.

As for my own speaker setup, although I'm not yet finished with the break-in period, I'm already impressed with the sound quality, especially when the source material is of high quality. The upper frequencies offer exceptional clarity and detail. However, there's room for improvement in achieving a more relaxed sound in the lower frequencies.

I understand your situation and your concerns regarding the installation and equipment break-in process before the dealer's arrival. If you're confident in your ability to handle the task independently or with some assistance and it doesn't jeopardize any warranties, there's no apparent need to delay the setup until the dealer's scheduled visit.

As for my own speaker setup, although I'm not yet finished with the break-in period, I'm already impressed with the sound quality, especially when the source material is of high quality. The upper frequencies offer exceptional clarity and detail. However, there's room for improvement in achieving a more relaxed sound in the lower frequencies.
Thanks, I installed my s3 mk2s with a friend so I am comfortable doing, I will also let the dealer know ahead of time. Enjoy your speakers! Hope they fully settle in soon

Mine arrived and now have around 150 hrs, the did not sound great initially for me but have opened up nicely after around 50hrs. How is your break in going?

I had the opportunity to audition the Magico S3 2023 last Friday. Peter Mackay was on hand to moderate. Set up with Boulder electronics (1110 preamp, 2160 amp, 812 DAC), Nordost Odin 2 cables and the new Nordost QBase Reference power distribution system. While I know the S3 had a bit to go with regard to break in, it was extraordinarily musical and engaging. The speakers disappeared in the room, with unfettered dynamics, and surprisingly extended bass considering their size. The soundstage was simultaneously wide and tall extending to the limits of the room. Depth of imaging was a bit shallow but I attribute that in part to the electronics but primarily to the need for additional break in. I will return for another listen when the speakers have another 100 hours or so of run-in but having heard the new S3 first hand it is a significant leap forward from its predecessor.

I have read that previous generations of Magico speakers required significant run-in to reach their full potential. I can say first hand that the A5 required nearly 500 hours for the bass to completely appear and unify with the other drivers and cabinet. And that moment occurred as if flipping a switch. Now that I have listened to the S3, I am convinced this generation of Magico speakers shares this lengthy break-in requirement. New S3 owners will be rewarded for patience, the best is yet to come.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing