bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am told, people with vinyl prefer the active crossover and do not perceive it as a loss of analog.
There are those who try to make their own horns and often take digital as the easy way out. Personally I have never heard a good digital crossover horn speaker with analog and I am not interested. It sounds integrated but there is always the magic and emotion missing, a bit dry.

even in non horn speakers generally you will find most are passive

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Ron, I missed why your looking for a table? Won't this be a 3rd table in your room? Is there a hole your trying to fill?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron,

Having pushed this button with you numerous times in recent months it should come as no surprise.

Why don't you and Matej set up a review sample TT with shortlist of manufacturers to consider.

:D

Unfortunately, Matej lives quite far from me.:(

Reactions: rando

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, I missed why your looking for a table? Won't this be a 3rd table in your room? Is there a hole your trying to fill?

Please see Post #1,705, above.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
No reason to succumb to peer pressure!

I happen to agree, all else being equal, with Kedar's (and Brad's and Peter's and Tim's, et al) simple circuit, first-order crossover, non-multi-way driver ethos.

neither of the others have a first order crossover. Brad has digital

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
There are those who try to make their own horns and often take digital as the easy way out. Personally I have never heard a good digital crossover horn speaker with analog and I am not interested. It sounds integrated but there is always the magic and emotion missing, a bit dry.

even in non horn speakers generally you will find most are passive

Sounds a bit like digital room correction -- the easy way out. Rather than doing the hard work of getting the actual room acoustics right.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: morricab

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sounds a bit like digital room correction -- the easy way out. Rather than doing the hard work of getting the actual room acoustics right.

partially. More of getting the actual drivers integrated and sounding right together

Reactions: Al M.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
No reason to succumb to peer pressure!

I happen to agree, all else being equal, with Kedar's (and Brad's and Peter's and Tim's, et al) simple circuit, first-order crossover, non-multi-way driver ethos.
WEEEELLLLLL... I have a second system, and although it is a two-way, high sensitivity horn speaker...it is also fully active :D. That being said, I went from a mini-DSP digital crossover to an analog crossover using an Accuphase F-15L. It didn't really improve digital but it made analog WAY better. System really sounds great now.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
neither of the others have a first order crossover. Brad has digital
My Odeons are passive and my DIY setup is now analog active with Accuphase.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My Odeons are passive and my DIY setup is now analog active with Accuphase.

Yes I have heard two active accuphase horn set ups. One was the whole house horn, where the bass horn was incorporated in the house itself.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Unfortunately, Matej lives quite far from me.:(

Yes.

There is also chance of any TT not currently distributed in NA becoming a long term loan for reasons beyond control by either party. Suspicions currently lie in that direction per manufacturer/remanufacturer. To act as front end for the only Pendragon in NA. Shopping for and swaying you in any direction is the least concern.

You're doing stellar with brand promotion for WBF. Multiple doors are open without needing further credential. Should you choose to use them.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Please see Post #1,705, above.
Ok, I get the not purchasing the AS-2000. But you have 2 tables already????? Why do you think you need a third? It seems your post was someone else can step in and get the AS-2000. Not that you now need something new.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
if you do buy a new table I highly sakora every time I’ve heard a table of there’s it’s analog magic very dynamic and clean.

Reactions: christoph

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Or Vyger?
I could see you with a nice VYGER with an extra armboard for a pivoted arm, stand included ! At a reasonable price too ! And you would make Ked happy ! :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I could see you with a nice VYGER with an extra armboard for a pivoted arm, stand included ! At a reasonable price too ! And you would make Ked happy ! :)

for that he would need to get SETs horns

• Haha
Reactions: Al M. and Lagonda

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ok, I get the not purchasing the AS-2000. But you have 2 tables already????? Why do you think you need a third? It seems your post was someone else can step in and get the AS-2000. Not that you now need something new.

I have only the vintage Denon turntable, with Hana SL cartridge.

Reactions: pjwd

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
At a reasonable price too !

Super expensive stickers in last few years have changed the concept of reasonable price, which should be TD124, Garrard

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Super expensive stickers in last few years have changed the concept of reasonable price, which should be TD124, Garrard
Agreed, but still half of what he was willing to spend, with a custom made arm included ! :)

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing