Do you have any idea how many snow shovels there are in California?

Reactions: brad225
We had our first official Pendragon party today! Tinka and I were joined by Dale Stanton, Don Saltzman, Jeff Duggan, Philip O'Hanlon and Russ Stratton!

D51B5EDC-1084-4397-82E0-10DBE53862B5.jpeg

9EC58DA8-809E-4D4A-9DB6-D843F49AAAB3.jpeg

E3419EEA-4ED6-467B-9068-09DA37B4BD83.jpeg

The group did a wonderful and patient job experimenting with the acoustic panels and with Tube Traps, for which I am grateful!

After a nice dinner in Beverly Hills Don and Philip returned with me to the house, and Philip played some amazing tapes!

The 4' x 8' panels are back on the side walls, and Tube Traps have returned to the middle and to the corners of the front wall.

Here is the latest frequency response curve:

94018386-FD19-4D49-BF80-3F8305E57586.png

It seems like today's work smoothed out the prior dip at about 30Hz.

Don refused to let me theorize why, but he says that he is now hearing greater width and depth of soundstage. I think the consensus was that returning the panels to the side walls may have dampened some reflections and improved soundstaging.

Nice but no pictures of the actual stars of the show , .. the pendragons;)

Ps . It looks like a lot rolled off though , doesnt it sound it a bit dull this way ?

I have already posted photos of the speakers in the room.

I like the FR curve a lot, both visually and in practice. We are still hearing a bit of midrange brightness, however. It might be that slight 2 kilohertz peak.

Reactions: carolus
Ron, I think you've forgotten what a party is REALLY meant to be like. It's certainly not a bunch of guys sitting down with no pretty girls in the room.

Of course not. Tinka had other things to do.

maybe she left because you guys were just listening and not doing any amp/phono compares?

• Haha
Reactions: Al M. and Lagonda
Ked, I think Tinka knows a party when she (doesn't) see one.

Now Lagonda's, THERE'S a party. Although I'd be fearful I wouldn't return.

• Haha
Reactions: cjfrbw and Lagonda
Now Lagonda's, THERE'S a party. Although I'd be fearful I wouldn't return.
Not these days Marc, i would recommend Beverly Hills over the Danish countryside any day of the week ! ;)

Hmm, you're not convincing me...

Yeah but they still had to mate with their barbaric husbands.

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda
Tinka is waiting for the exciting cable swap comparisons.

Reactions: Pokey77

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing