REL T7i subwoofer

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I know this should be in the sub section but I feel compelled to post here because it will hopefully get more attention.

Fist off, as some of you who have read my posts, I tend to be somewhat pragmatic in my approach to audio. Been a serious hobbyist for some 40 years plus and tend not to gush about gear but I tried something last night that I haven't done since I added the REL sub to my system. I did an AB with sub on and sub off. Used one of my "desert island" CD's for the test, that being the superb Bley, Haden, Motian jazz trio CD call "Memoirs".

The difference was beyond astounding. Sub "on" impacted everything from top to bottom and not simply the typical augmented bass / mid bass support. I won't use any hyperbolic language but I'm now totally convinced that a well integrated sub into a limited low frequency response (my Pulsars cut off in the upper thirties) two channel system is an absolute must to optimize performance.

The Pulsars do quite well on their own but, with the REL, the sound literally "explodes" the entire musical presentation (soundstage, imaging, dimensionality, etc.) into living, breathing, emotional experience.

Reactions: sujay

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Adding a pair of REL G1 had the most profound impact in my system too! They improve the sound of full range speakers. In fact the more complete the main speaker in terms of frequency response, the better the subs perform....imo

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I recently added dual REL Carbon Limited subs. I'll just repeat what's already been said, "Sub "on" impacted everything from top to bottom and not simply the typical augmented bass / mid bass support."

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I know stereo subs would certainly be better but I really don't want to go that route given my living room layout. However, I am amazed at one "mid level" REL sub can do. Color me happy.

PS: You have a very nice system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing