RAVEN Audio Shaman MKII Monoblocks and Silouhette MKII Pre-amp...

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Has anyone here had direct listening experiences with these reference models from Raven Audio or
any others in their Elite or Avian line? I'm considering these models and have heard only great things
from those who have heard them and in some cases written about them at various shows.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Surprised that among this worldwide elite set of ears ;) no one has any opinions on these? What about any other amps in the
Raven line integrated or otherwise lower in the line? Word from a couple guys who have heard them at shows is that they are
exceptional....

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I listened to just about all of their amps and preamps, last year at the Lone Star Audio Fest.

They are surprisingly fast, clear, and neutral amps. Not at all slow or stereotypically tube sounding.

I haven't heard them in my home, but even at a show, it was easy to hear how fast they are.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I listened to just about all of their amps and preamps, last year at the Lone Star Audio Fest.

They are surprisingly fast, clear, and neutral amps. Not at all slow or stereotypically tube sounding.

I haven't heard them in my home, but even at a show, it was easy to hear how fast they are.

Thank you...appreciate the feedback. They are supposed to be at AXPONA again,...wish I could attend but I'm headed in the opposite
direction due to work every single week.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Then make it out to Lone Star Audio Fest! You would get more one-on-one time anyways and enjoy yourself much more. At LSAF we have more opportunity to talk with attendees since there are less pouring through our door over the weekend.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thanks...I've wanted to make it Lone Star for some time now,....looks like a definite must-do event!

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
If you reach out to Dave and let him know you are coming, I bet he could set up some private demos with the gear in question. This is all under the assumption that he will be there, but he is there every year and (like all of us) is always happy to be back at LSAF.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I've spoken with him at length over the last month or so; he is a great human being. We are trying to get things together
so that I can hear the Shaman monoblocks together with the Silhouette pre-amp; definitely looking forward to this.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
A little late on this...but I have owned the Raven Integrated Reflection MK2 tube amp for the last three years. It has powered Wilson speakers and now Sonus Faber Amati Tradition Homage speakers. I revel in the sound. I have absolutely loved my Raven experience. Dave is a first class guy and is always available to talk. I hope you were able to buy the Raven Monoblocks. Dave also has some of the rarest tubes in the world. it has been fun tube swapping to hear different sounds. They are also some of the best looking tube amps I have seen.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Raven Audio has recently introduced a line of cable products which are very reasonably priced and being sold with a 45 day money back guarantee. I haven't heard them but they seem like nicely built no nonsense designs.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
They are also building speakers for the first time and I have heard them. They are very reasonably priced and sound great.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing