PS Audio Introduces the Aspen FR30 Loudspeaker

Ronboco

May 9, 2022
Hello bryans
Now not to start a forum war but I don't buy into needing to have an experienced ear, etc. Either you like something or you don't. If you sat down and didn't like the speakers they aren't for you, plain and simple. Your ears are just fine.
I appreciate the vote of confidence in regards to my ears. Do you think not cranking it up a bit is why I perceived the narrow soundstage and lack of scale ? Also I was talking about coming to listen to my system. I see I didn’t specify that. Happy listening !

Ron

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Hello bryans

I appreciate the vote of confidence in regards to my ears. Do you think not cranking it up a bit is why I perceived the narrow soundstage and lack of scale ? Also I was talking about coming to listen to my system. I see I didn’t specify that. Happy listening !

Ron
I would think higher volume would help as some speakers I have heard in the past do tend to come alive at higher volume. I know I have been at stores and the salesperson tend to listen louder than I do. I have even been told to turn it up :). I think you just need to listen to speakers at your typical volume.

Ronboco

May 9, 2022
I would think higher volume would help as some speakers I have heard in the past do tend to come alive at higher volume. I know I have been at stores and the salesperson tend to listen louder than I do. I have even been told to turn it up :). I think you just need to listen to speakers at your typical volume.
Please post your thoughts of the FR 30 after you hear them. Maybe I just didn’t have them turned up enough

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
One thing I didn’t do was push the volume up very much. Was this a mistake ? Does volume alone help achieve a bigger soundstage and scale?

It might have been, at least if you like and can play at more realistic levels in your home.

A higher volume normally equals a larger soundstage and increased dynamics with more presence and impact for sure.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Ronboco

May 9, 2022
It might have been, at least if you like and can play at more realistic levels in your home.

A higher volume normally equals a larger soundstage and increased dynamics with more presence and impact for sure.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
I now regret not opening them up! I might have to go back over now. My room is smaller and 80db is usually plenty. I should of matched the 80 db at the listening position on the FR 30.

Reactions: Hyperion

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing