jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Something to look forward to from Ridley Scott - Prometheus

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The story line seems cliche with the starting bit being similar to stargate. But I love science fiction and would watch it :).

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just a few weeks more to go.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Can't wait. Love adult sci fi. Hope the script is up to snuff, that's where my doubts lie.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just saw this on opening day with my son on THX and the movie and sound is awesome. Plot is different from other sci-fi alien movies I have seen and the graphics is top notch and breathtaking. We both enjoyed this one.

I can imagine how great this would be on 3D IMAX. And the soundtrack would be fantastic on a good HT system with huge subs. :D

Last edited:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
This was a really, really bad movie. They should have saved money on the special effects and hired a screenwriter. For the record, I love the 'Alien's' franchise and Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This was a really, really bad movie. They should have saved money on the special effects and hired a screenwriter. For the record, I love the 'Alien's' franchise and Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors.

--- Comin' to Blu-ray 3D (and 2D) on October 9th.

Mine too

Saw it last week and didn't have the heart to pan it. Wondered if it was just me but I guess not

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I didn't "get it". Now I have to buy the BD in the hopes that Scott's commentary will help.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I didn't "get it". Now I have to buy the BD in the hopes that Scott's commentary will help.

---- Yes! ...And for the extra footage (Director's Cut*). :b :D

* Not shown in Theaters! ...Welcome to the new MOVIE world! :D

- Jack, that's the way it goes nowadays; this fast movie business means that the movie directors don't have time to finish their movies before they hit the Cinema theater venues (because of last-minute rush to complete their films, they simply don't have the time to screen the finished movies all the way through before their theatrical openings).

And it is only during the transfer to Blu-ray that they can complete their films with the extra footage and new audio stems (fixes to the audio mix by adding brand-new elements).

Very true Jack, as it happens to many films now. ...But you should already know that.
...And expect to see more and more in the very near future ...
{Time is a luxury that movie studios cannot any longer afford.}

The Art of filmaking (Cinema artistique) ain't no longer what it used to be.
With Blu-ray now we are much closer to the director's first original intention, and that's a fact.

And with many directors (Lucas, Spielberg, Friedkin, Coppola, Scott, and the rest of the gang), movies are constantly retouched, refabricated, digitally enhanced, new scenes added or cut, sound restored, Silent films are now becoming talking with DTS-HD MA soundtracks, B&W films colored, and all that new visual/auditory Jazz ...

No more films are what they were originally; but they are evolving with our times.

Art is no more; instead we live in a digital and technological "fast" world of constant changes.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing