New Ethernet Noise Control from CAD

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I was going to get a cheap switch to stack too. I need one for my house. I hear the 108 works well.

The nice thing about a switch is they are say $100. Maybe $500.
The 2 filters I tried did not work. The EMO EN30 was just worse. Closed it in and added grain. The Gigafoil was not worse. Its just sounded not natural. Kind of Hifi ish. It wasn't wrong. Just presented in a way I don't like.
FWIW my server has a JCat ethernet card with a dedicated power supply to it. Even so, I still hear changes to ethernet. I don't hear changes to stored files. I have tried physically pulling the ethernet when playing stored files and it does not help.

I have also turned off my Router wifi and that did nothing either.

I did very much notice and uptick when I changed my modem/router combo unit to separates. More so than the LPS that I added to them later.

I thought hard a obout a QSA LAN Adapter. The $500 one. Never pulled the trigger as the QSA club seems to keep going to stratospheric price points in a quest for better. It made me question does the chaper unit do much. The yellow fuse or fuse that was say $150 did nothing I noticee.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

I was going to get a cheap switch to stack too. I need one for my house. I hear the 108 works well.

The 2 filters I tried did not work. The EMO EN30 was just worse. Closed it in and added grain. The Gigafoil was not worse. Its just sounded not natural. Kind of Hifi ish. It wasn't wrong. Just presented in a way I don't like.
FWIW my server has a JCat ethernet card with a dedicated power supply to it. Even so, I still hear changes to ethernet. I don't hear changes to stored files. I have tried physically pulling the ethernet when playing stored files and it does not help.

I did very much notice and uptick when I changed my modem/router combo unit to separates. More so than the LPS that I added to them later.

I thought hard a obout a QSA LAN Adapter. The $500 one. Never pulled the trigger as the QSA club seems to keep going to stratospheric price points in a quest for better. It made me question does the chapter unit do much. The yellow fuse or fuse that was say $150 did nothing I notice.
Rex, WIFI is on a seperate network in our house. Really not sure what effect this has but the wifi routers are on the second floor, and is used for running all business computers...

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I've been using the Ansuz Ethernet Sortz which works really well.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Rex, WIFI is on a seperate network in our house. Really not sure what effect this has but the wifi routers are on the second floor, and is used for running all business computers...
Thats good you have wifi on a separate network. People have reported the wifi turnes on, on the audio router can reduce performance. I did not hear turning it off on my system.
Do you have 2 routers tied to 1 modem?
Or do you have a modem to a switch and the 2 routers are into the switch?

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

Thats good you have wifi on a separate network. People have reported the wifi turnes on, on the audio router can reduce performance. I did not hear turning it off on my system.
Do you have 2 routers tied to 1 modem?
Or do you have a modem to a switch and the 2 routers are into the switch?
2 modems into seperate networks.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
So yesterday i was listening to a high oerformance sysyem (Stenheim Ultime 2, CH C1.2, custom amp, and a very well sorted network configuration.) I was doing cable compares. I brought the CAD eithernet control for the person to listen to. So at one point we plugged it in.

The effect was immediate and obvious. The sound became much less digitized/grainey. It became much smoother, more connected, more 3 dimensional. It was superior to listen with it place.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Did he let you take it home?
Can you expand on the network? Did you look at the whole of the chain?

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Yes, he ordered one.

the router and switch are each powered by their own LPS. The switch was silent angel pro. Ground box attached to switch. Audiophile grade eithernet cables to the switch and to the router. Switch externally clocked. Damping plates etc applied to seitch. Footers. Etc. i dont think any details overlooked.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I'm sort of interested in buying your Aardvark. Is it even worth it, or is the CAD that much better?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Yes, he ordered one.

the router and switch are each powered by their own LPS. The switch was silent angel pro. Ground box attached to switch. Audiophile grade eithernet cables to the switch and to the router. Switch externally clocked. Damping plates etc applied to seitch. Footers. Etc. i dont think any details overlooked.
Nice execution.

skids929

Dec 31, 2020

I thought hard a obout a QSA LAN Adapter. The $500 one. Never pulled the trigger as the QSA club seems to keep going to stratospheric price points in a quest for better. It made me question does the chaper unit do much. The yellow fuse or fuse that was say $150 did nothing I noticee.
I tried the ENO as well and it did nothing to in my system at the time. Doesn't surprise me much since it's passive and no power supply. But I honestly heard ZERO difference. Then tried the gigafoil, I felt that was decent. Now I use a dedicated single switch with reclock and fiber isolation (HNE Labs) seems to sound best. Could it be better? Maybe...I suppose they are all taking noise to some degree and turning it into heat..In the case of the CAD I wonder if there is some magic they've worked with the ground since I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about that one. Albeit pricey

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing