Post your female vocal videos

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That's not in the thread title, Ked. Anyway, I enjoy direct YouTube videos much more than crappy system videos.

Start your own thread with your crappy posts

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
  • Haha
Reactions: andromedaaudio

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
That's not in the thread title, Ked. Anyway, I enjoy direct YouTube videos much more than crappy system videos.

Be cordial Al. Crappy this crappy that. Shit this Shit that is insulting people's content and only invite unfriendly consequential response. You have been doing that. Maybe it could be your new year resolution to not do that in 2022. I will remind you that a video is considered a content as much as a comment. Why would you want to insult a person making a comment or presenting a video. Do you see people go to your thread and said your frequent 2 inches speaker placement change which took you to Valhalla every other month shitty or just crap? NO.
Door swings both way sir.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and good evening to you, gentlemen. While we are all adults here and vulgar language is acceptable in "certain" areas of life, this is not one of them. Please allow me to remind you that the WBF TOS states that;

3. Please do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, racist, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law. We reserve the right to delete any message that in our sole opinion falls in these categories and serve up administrative action to any member because of them.

8. Your forum administrators rule with a gentle hand. But should the occasion arise where we must take immediate and strong action, we will do so. In that case, our decisions are not subject to debate.

No green ink in this case but I will say that I am acting on this post in an official moderator capacity. All that is being asked from you is that you realize that it's not just a small "club" interacting as adults in and adult atmosphere. We are a worldwide forum with people from many different walks of life and many variables of age who read these posts. Thanks to all for your understanding with this.

Tom

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Be cordial Al. Crappy this crappy that. Shit this Shit that is insulting people's content and only invite unfriendly consequential response. You have been doing that. Maybe it could be your new year resolution to not do that in 2022. I will remind you that a video is considered a content as much as a comment. Why would you want to insult a person making a comment or presenting a video. Do you see people go to your thread and said your frequent 2 inches speaker placement change which took you to Valhalla every other month shitty or just crap? NO.
Door swings both way sir.

Tang,

I have made clear in the past that my comments are not about the systems themselves, but about the sound quality of the videos. The fact that system videos are not representative of system sound is also obvious from a comparison, posted on WBF, of videos of the same system shot with two different phones, an iPhone and a Samsung. They sounded like two very different systems. So given that, what's the point? Others on WBF have quite emphatically objected to the sound of system videos as well. I am certain that, if I were to shoot a phone video of my own system, the sound would be inferior as well, as I have described it to be from other system videos. So I won't.

But since it appears to so upset you, I promise not to publicly comment on system videos anymore, unless there is a discussion about their general usefulness, initiated by others. Or unless it is about a direct comparison of two components in the same system, with the video shot under, hopefully, identical recording conditions. Regarding those instances I have, repeatedly, said that videos can have some limited usefulness.

As for your comment about my "frequent 2 inches speaker placement change which took you to Valhalla every other month", I fail to see where this is coming from. I never claimed that such changes led me to "Valhalla", only that they did result in worthwhile improvements. The adjective "frequent" in this context is an exaggeration as well. I have also not claimed that my system is the best thing there is, something that on another occasion you claimed was my opinion. On the contrary, I have repeatedly pointed out on WBF that my system has limitations, and my friends know that I say so privately as well. Also, if my system was so perfect, why then would I feel the desire to report on improvements on my system thread? Where would be the logic in that? I am quite puzzled about your distorted view of how I perceive my system.

If you find reading about the changes to my system and setup on my thread boring, you don't need to. Others have indicated that they find my system thread informative. Everyone is entitled to their personal interests and opinions.

Al

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Tang,

I have made clear in the past that my comments are not about the systems themselves, but about the sound quality of the videos. The fact that system videos are not representative of system sound is also obvious from a comparison, posted on WBF, of videos of the same system shot with two different phones, an iPhone and a Samsung. They sounded like two very different systems. So given that, what's the point? Others on WBF have quite emphatically objected to the sound of system videos as well. I am certain that, if I were to shoot a phone video of my own system, the sound would be inferior as well, as I have described it to be from other system videos. So I won't.

But since it appears to so upset you, I promise not to publicly comment on system videos anymore, unless there is a discussion about their general usefulness, initiated by others. Or unless it is about a direct comparison of two components in the same system, with the video shot under, hopefully, identical recording conditions. Regarding those instances I have, repeatedly, said that videos can have some limited usefulness.

As for your comment about my "frequent 2 inches speaker placement change which took you to Valhalla every other month", I fail to see where this is coming from. I never claimed that such changes led me to "Valhalla", only that they did result in worthwhile improvements. The adjective "frequent" in this context is an exaggeration as well. I have also not claimed that my system is the best thing there is, something that on another occasion you claimed was my opinion. On the contrary, I have repeatedly pointed out on WBF that my system has limitations, and my friends know that I say so privately as well. Also, if my system was so perfect, why then would I feel the desire to report on improvements on my system thread? Where would be the logic in that? I am quite puzzled about your distorted view of how I perceive my system.

If you find reading about the changes to my system and setup on my thread boring, you don't need to. Others have indicated that they find my system thread informative. Everyone is entitled to their personal interests and opinions.

Al
Al M, you and I don't agree on much of anything. But in all your opinions and perspectives, I don't think even once I could say you were less than genuine or authentic. Which is volumes more than I can say for some.

Do this forum a favor and don't change a thing.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Constant complaining about video this and video that in terms of quality or usefulness or playback device or personal opinion on the value of posting videos are meta-level comments not about video content. They are distractions to the thread and their seemingly un-ending repetition is annoying and verging on childishness. If someone is compelled to engage on the topic, join or please start a thread on these meta-issues allowing the content oriented posts and threads to proceed free of that burden.

I'm generally open to thread wanderings but this continuing predictable situation is neither informative nor entertaining. And for gawd's sake, have a nice day.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang,

Al
Thank you Al. Now we can have a more cordial environment posting videos on this forum. Any inappropriate content is left for the moderators to delete.

Reactions: Al M.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
If one notices, nothing has been deleted (at least to my knowledge). Inappropriate content is explained in the TOS of this forum.

With that said, what is the big deal with posting a video of a system? My word, either people watch it and listen or they don't. Is someone possibly embarrassed to find out that a recording of a stellar system may sound better or worse than a limited system.....

Judged by a phone recording?

Sorry but that's laughable at best.

If you must answer one of the questions above? PLEASE start a new thread and quit messing this one up.

With that said, once again, a thread is off topic. Can we please get back to the topic of female vocals and THEIR videos?

Tom

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
If one notices, nothing has been deleted (at least to my knowledge). Inappropriate content is explained in the TOS of this forum.

With that said, what is the big deal with posting a video of a system? My word, either people watch it and listen or they don't. Is someone possibly embarrassed to find out that a recording of a stellar system may sound better or worse than a limited system.....
Exactly.

Judged by a phone recording?

Sorry but that's laughable at best.
Actually, I judge everybody by a given recording. Whether it's their own, or somebody's comment about it and sometimes even those refraining from commmenting when perhaps they should. Shoot, I even judge those who make comments about videos and their worthiness or lack thereof.

Surely nobody thinks I should take some stranger's word for what they're hearing or I should automatically assume somebody essentially unknown to me knows what they're doing or talking about based on the looks of their system, do they? That would be laughable as that is a greater faith than I could muster. Especially when in a day and age like today where essentially all of us have the technology available to easily provide at least a remnant of what's happening in the listening room. After all, this is an audio-only industry.

If you must answer one of the questions above? PLEASE start a new thread and quit messing this one up.

With that said, once again, a thread is off topic. Can we please get back to the topic of female vocals and THEIR videos?

Tom
But to stay on topic, I like this folk singer.

Last edited:
Reactions: DasguteOhr

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Cyndi Lauper Bodyacoustic (teue colours)

Reactions: SlapEcho

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thank you Al. Now we can have a more cordial environment posting videos on this forum.

You're welcome, Tang. Also, my apologies to you and anyone else who felt offended by the disruptions.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Al M, you and I don't agree on much of anything. But in all your opinions and perspectives, I don't think even once I could say you were less than genuine or authentic. Which is volumes more than I can say for some.

Thank you, Stehno!

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Exactly.

Actually, I judge everybody by a given recording. Whether it's their own, or somebody's comment about it and sometimes even those refraining from commmenting when perhaps they should. Shoot, I even judge those who make comments about videos and their worthiness or lack thereof.

Surely nobody thinks I should take some stranger's word for what they're hearing or I should automatically assume somebody essentially unknown to me knows what they're doing or talking about based on the looks of their system, do they? That would be laughable as that is a greater faith than I could muster. Especially when in a day and age like today where essentially all of us have the technology available to easily provide at least a remnant of what's happening in the listening room. After all, this is an audio-only industry.

But to stay on topic, I like this folk singer.
what kind of microphones do you use for recording? sounds really good

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
what kind of microphones do you use for recording? sounds really good
Thanks. I'm just using a $150 Shure MV88 tiny condensor stereo mic that plugs directly into my iPhone 12 pro.

Reactions: DasguteOhr

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Posting here rather than Extreme thread as promised. Recorded on iPad from listening seat in a Stehno style (dark). Sounds very real in the room, maybe lost in the recording.

Reactions: stehno

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Posting here rather than Extreme thread as promised. Recorded on iPad from listening seat in a Stehno style (dark). Sounds very real in the room, maybe lost in the recording.
Stehno style? Not a chance. I couldn't see nothin'!!! :)

Anyway, good job on the in-room recording. Nice piece and playback presentation.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Never listened to Celine Dion before the other day. Quite a voice and quite dynamic too. Well..., when volume is up anyway.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing