Possibly selling my EMT JPA-66

banpuku

Apr 24, 2010
MN
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well. This past week a tornado hit near our home in South Dakota. 100mph winds, horizontal rain, etc. The window in my stereo room was slightly open which allowed some rain to get inside my beloved pre-amp (EMT JPA-66). I thought all was well and fully dried when I powered it up. Apparently some residual water remained and thus blew 3 resistors from what I can visually tell. I won't pretend to know if anything else is awry, this is just what I see visually.

The unit is in flawless shape otherwise, I am mentally fatigued on the entire issue and just want to move on. So, I am hoping to find a home for my EMT JPA-66. This unit will need to be sent to Switzerland and EMT has said they can service the unit. So, wondering if anyone knows somebody who wants the unit. I can sell it as is. Or, I can send to EMT and have direct shipped back to the buyer.

I believe in full disclosure, so rather than just post this on other audio web sites and get flayed by the nasty-grams, I thought I would discuss this out loud with this group which appears to be the most level headed of all the audio forums.

Maybe I am missing something here and being too emotional/frustrated. I will tell you that the EMT distributor has been very good to me thru the years. Jonathan has helped me in may ways. Likewise, EMT has been fully supportive, so hats off to Jules and the EMT team.

So, if you know someone interested in the EMT JPA-66, please let me know.

Pat
banpuku@mac.com

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Understand how life can really amp up the frustration. Seems like it might not be such a big repair. Why not send it in? If you are over it you can still sell it shipped from factory in tested condition....

Reactions: bonzo75

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
My brother in law lives in Sioux Falls South Dakota. I heard that he and his family were hiding in their basement. I did not know it was that bad. I hope there were no other damages.

banpuku

Apr 24, 2010
MN
Regarding the tornado, there were no other damages to our house. But others were not so lucky. So in the grand scheme of life, a down pre-amp is really not that important. I need to keep things in perspective.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing