Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
shakti, did you listen to the Zanden?

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
shakti, did you listen to the Zanden?
yes, I owned the Zanden for a year, in principle nice phono stage, but limited to fitting carts, no MM for external step ups,
preferred the EA-1200 that time .

Reactions: bonzo75 and XV-1

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
I need XLR output so EA 1200 will not work; EA 2000 could fit but very cumbersome ( 6 units)

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
It was indeed not a great experience but it was not related to Nagra products. He is the sole Nagra dealer in my area.
You don't have to buy from the Nagra dealer in your area. I wouldn't let that keep you away from the brand.
Most brands realize that the customer's relationship to the dealer trumps geography. The Nagra dealer in my area is terrible.

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
You don't have to buy from the Nagra dealer in your area. I wouldn't let that keep you away from the brand.
Most brands realize that the customer's relationship to the dealer trumps geography. The Nagra dealer in my area is terrible.
right but in Europe, some brands require their customers to buy in their country of residence (YG in particular)

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
right but in Europe, some brands require their customers to buy in their country of residence (YG in particular)
This is “required” in NA as well; but as I said if you speak to the brands and tell them you have a relationship with dealer “X” and you will only buy from this dealer, they are not going to turn down your business.

Relationship trumps geography. Most if not all people who can afford these components are mobile, have offices in multiple countries, etc.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
I value the good services from a reliable delear who will come to my place for setting up the gear. Ana Mighty Sound drove several times from Paris to Brussels for setting up and ensuring that my CSPort turntable, the EA-2000 phono stage + T-2000 SUT and the cartridges were working perfectly.

I am not that interested in new Nagra gear But I cherish my Nagra IVS/QGB combo.

Reactions: Verdier

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
This is “required” in NA as well; but as I said if you speak to the brands and tell them you have a relationship with dealer “X” and you will only buy from this dealer, they are not going to turn down your business.

Relationship trumps geography. Most if not all people who can afford these components are mobile, have offices in multiple countries, etc.
maybe I wasn't clear; in France, you can buy from any retailer, but if you want to buy in another country, it's more complicated; it's true that some brands are more careful than others

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
I read interesting things about FM Acoustics in Munich ( Hifi deluxe). It seems that their pre phono are highly estimated.
What do you think?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I read interesting things about FM Acoustics in Munich ( Hifi deluxe). It seems that their pre phono are highly estimated.
What do you think?

I used to own the 122 phono. At the time my system was not good enough. I sold it.
The only hifi item I regret selling.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What do you think?

Their 223 is extremely expensive and also well known for taking out pops and clicks. Heard it only once at audio arts but part of the entire FM Zellaton system which was excellent, so can’t really isolate it but possibly the best solid state chain I heard. The whole thing had excellent flow and tone.

The 123 which is the more accessible version to many, is quite good, and I have heard it in 4 systems including compares to the older thrax phono at TZBC’s place. The thrax is now much more improved, but even the older version was better at his place than the FM. In that session the FM preamp impressed us more and worked well with the thrax phono.

Reactions: Rotatoubib

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
The FM Phono is not strong from gain.
(Probably it is compensated with their preamp from input sensitivity)
I think, you should use high output cartridges with it.

IMG_6231.jpeg

IMG_6229.jpeg

IMG_6227.jpeg

Last edited:

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Thank you. As my cartridge output is 0.45 mv, it will not fit

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Does anyone have any news about the arrival and price of the Nagra HD pre phono (I know: if you ask the price, you can't afford it...)?

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Thanks. Price to match CH Précision P10, 76 000 $ ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing