New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Come on guys. Can't let the Horizon thread steal the wind. Here is a really nice sound from Wadax from my fellow Thai audiophile. Great quality streaming. See if the Horizon can beat this :rolleyes:.

Sure horizon can beat this, but I dont believe audio is about beating , it is not a war, audio is about bliss of music talking directly to our heart and beating is not even in my vocabulary.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sure horizon can beat this, but I dont believe audio is about beating , it is not a war, audio is about bliss of music talking directly to our heart and beating is not even in my vocabulary.
Sorry. I am just never a defender of a brand..any brand. I have fun with this hobby and I have fun buying gears (big supporter of this industry). So beating is in my vocab just as many other people when talking in a fun sense. I believe you the Lukasz of Lampizator are talking in a fun sense also responding to a joke I said in the Wadax thread. Maybe you want to edit the word "beat" out since you said it is not in your vocab. ;)

Reactions: Lagonda and ctydwn

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Sorry. I am just never a defender of a brand..any brand. I have fun with this hobby and I have fun buying gears (big supporter of this industry). So beating is in my vocab just as many other people when talking in a fun sense. I believe you the Lukasz of Lampizator are talking in a fun sense also responding to a joke I said in the Wadax thread. Maybe you want to edit the word "beat" out since you said it is not in your vocab. ;)

Tang, will you be adding one of these super DACs to your system to support the industry? I think we all make choices about what is best for us. MikeL just did so.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang on the left bottom shelf there is a Pilium preamp. I'm surprised if he is using the Pilium pre that he is not using Pilium amps. Besides the two Wadax pieces and the Pilium preamp, what are the amps? Is there a pic including the amps?.....thx
Good eyes Bob. He is using both Pilium preamp and amp now and in that video. The Dartz he said are outside the room now. I saw Boonyarat sent him Pilium over a month ago. I did not think he still has them but obviously he does.

Reactions: Rhapsody

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, will you be adding one of these super DACs to your system to support the industry? I think we all make choices about what is best for us. MikeL just did so.
Nope. I am all analog Peter. I am taking a different path "Back to the Future". :)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Good eyes Bob. He is using both Pilium preamp and amp now and in that video. The Dartz he said are outside the room now. I saw Boonyarat sent him Pilium over a month ago. I did not think he still has them but obviously he does.
Interesting......thx Tang, I was just curios when I saw the Pilium Alexander preamp, if it was matched with the DZ amp(s), which I would have been surprised if that was the case:)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Interesting......thx Tang, I was just curios when I saw the Pilium Alexander preamp, if it was matched with the DZ amp(s), which I would have been surprised if that was the case:)
Why? Wouldn't that be a good match as well?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Why? Wouldn't that be a good match as well?
I am not saying it would not be a good match. It could sound fantastic.

My experience around the globe is that anyone using the Pilium preamp is using the Pilium amps. AND I think it's the same with DZ. Most users that have the big DZ amps I would think would partner them with the DZ preamp. I know I would.

But you never know unless you try it. It was just an observation and question.

With Pilium if someone is thinking of buying just the amps, I question the sound that they will get. Just like the synergy with the Wadax sever/dac/interface, there is a special P-link between the Pilium preamps and the amps. You can connect to different amps but you use another xlr output from the preamp.

Sorry for the Pilium commercial.....back to Wadax.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I briefly had a DartZeel 108 v2 amp with Pilium Alexander pre… the sound was very very good. alexander at the time was far from run-in, and the Dart was a v1 just returned from the upgrade to v2. Still, the two worked well together though, as Bob.east says, I expect at this level of gear you would not find mix-matching too often. In this case a couple of top marques in the industry.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Some testing we did this week, big space, no lights:)

Awesome job, Stavros!! That mid bass horn on the Contendo is incredibly clean, tuneful, agile and real.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Would be great to hear same music vid on the Contendo 2!

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Yes sir, that is the one.Working on tuning ATM. Sorry for the dark video,haha :)

Will post someting on the Contendo soon.
Cheers

The new speaker is sounding really good! Will need to learn more about it soon.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Some testing we did this week, big space, no lights:)

Others won't know but I had PMed Stavros to add his Contendo here because of this video, which is a harmonia mundi Elgar, and I adore the video. I wanted to hear the Du pre and therefore had requested it.

For those who know this video well, despite the different recordings, can see it is not the same speaker. This is levels above.

Last edited:

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Others won't know but I had PMed Stavros to add his Contendo here because of this video, which is a harmonia mundi Elgar, and I adore the video. I wanted to hear the Du pre and therefore had requested it.

For those who know this video well, despite the different recordings, can see it is not the same speaker. This is a few levels above

Correct Ked.. Will do some Contendo recording soon, on both versions of Elgar. Need to sort out the space as currently we have two Contendo speakers in one room plus the Aurora speaker prototype (playing above).Yes it is 250sqm coupled to another 250sqm ,but... set up is not exactly ideal.

Best
Stavros

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
An interesting read with great enthusiasm towards the Wadax reference dac and atlantis combo

great read Rudolf. thanks. i can relate.

obviously my room is a Rives Room too.....although not as much as it once was. but the Rives 'bones' are much appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing