New phonostage under $15K

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I know it's expensive in the US, but in Europe it's retail price - 17K Euro. I think, I can get it for under 15K with a discount. Regardless of the price, how it compares to Io Signature?
you need to compare this to IO eclipse, not signature

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
OK, how does it compare to Io Eclipse?
I never compared, I know one group who did, they rated it as Allnic 5000, Ypsilon, eclipse, in that order. I have compared Allnic and IO eclipse, and heard Ypsilon separately without any compare.

Given the questions you are asking, for people like you and me, flexibility in a phono is important for learning. Phonos like Ypsilon which are more inflexible, are for people who already have done the rounds and know what they need to optimize their system. Plus, you will have to put up a lot of money to try multiple carts on an Ypsilon

Dctom bought the Ypsilon after comparing it to the older Dartzeel and to thoress

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Eclipse is immensely valve rotatable (26 valves) so if you survive that you can enjoy a spectrum of sound, especially if you have a cone or a planar system

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing