New phono stage arrived.

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
I received my new Charisma Audio Musiko phono amp today, and it is simply amazing. Right out of the box it was heads and shoulders over my old one which was double the money. lol Funny how that is. One adjustment later, with dip sw in the rear, and i found the sweet spot. A lot of work and R&D have gone into this little box, which is not so little. This box is solid state, not tubes like the last one. No more tubes for this guy. Bernard is a good friend, and has never steered me wrong, He has helped me to create my second system in the basement which this phono stage is on.

I have it paired to a Rega P3, Michael Lim sub and main platter upgrade, with a Goldring Eroica XL MC cart. The clarity and annunciation is incredible, very musical and dead quiet, no hum or noise at all.
:D

The old unit was a Lab 12 Melto 2 It was flat dull and muddy right out of the gate.

Features:

Premium aluminum chassis with granite faceplate
EI power transformer
Gold plated RCA jacks
Externally adjustable input impedance and gain
Custom made audio grade electrolytic capacitors
75,200 uF of total filtering capacitance
Specifications:

Frequency response: 20Hz – 20,000Hz (+/- 1dB)
Signal-to-noise ratio: -86dB (at 64dB gain)
Channel separation: 90dB
Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% (at 1kHz)
Input impedance: 47k Ohm (MM) / 117 Ohm – 1k Ohm (MC)
Gain: 42dB (MM) / 58dB, 61dB and 64dB (MC)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing