New Evolution Acoustics "SYSTEM" Speakers paired with Dartzeel

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
returning to my room, it struck me the degree of immersion, seamlessness, and flow i experience in my system. the musical connection checks all my boxes as it ought to. which makes it so hard to compare. in my room i sit in the nearfield, in a room with my own definition of a perfect balance between live ness and detail. 11 years in the making. then 7 more years since that point i've enjoyed every day with it. the show system was pretty good, but a work in process, starting from scratch Thursday afternoon, the speakers in 14 pieces, the system did not make music until Friday morning early. the room was not terrible, but it was basically a curtained-in area inside a very large room. so the degree of immersion from a seamless presentation was lacking. i would say there was nothing wrong, but it did not really gel completely, except here and there. and some of those were fantastic.

so applying what i did hear from the SYSTEM 7 to my MM7's to compare i have to digest the pieces of what i heard and connect the dots.

the good news is the tech of the system is basically the same for the MM7's and the SYSTEM 7. the bass tower adjustments are the same approach, slightly different extensions on the bass towers and main towers between the 2 designs. much more the same than not. the SYSTEM 9 would be close to plug and play in my current room.

i also have to factor the new Durand Tosca LE tonearm and darTZeel cartridges, as well as the dart digital, so both pluses and minuses.

i did hear fantastic dynamics and bass articulation from the SYSTEM 7 in spots, when the power grid was not holding it back. i heard very high levels of detail and tonal rightness. and the top to bottom balance was typically great Evolution Acoustics. my gut is that the SYSTEM 7 does surpass the MM7's in degrees in most things. and likely the SYSTEM 9 will be even better by more degrees.

the SYSTEM 7 was fast, fast, fast....when the stars aligned. it was very solid, again, when it was right, and could command the music with authority and sexiness. i heard zero weaknesses. nothing that my room and a little time could not harness. no limitations.

the question is whether the move would be worth it for me, since i'm not actively seeking a different speaker system. what i have is the best thing i have ever heard. so there would be a measure of faith involved in spending the money and effort to go through the process of changing. at this point i would stop short of saying it's inevitable that i will do it. i just retired, so i am learning about that and i want to see if my 'life' priorities adjust.

bottom line is that there is a fair chance i will end up with the Evolution Acoustics SYSTEM 9.
Looks like fair chance has moved quite a ways towards 'good chance'!...let us know when you are prepared to reveal all!

Reactions: Pokey77

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing