New creation from Yamada San of Zanden : Gohsetsu (??)

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
What was Yamada San doing?

0zce0gr6m4q3~2.jpg
3m99mo2dgue5~2.jpg

Answer : That's the external PSU of his new creation, the Gohsetsu (??) preamp!

1tkbc84o7u9g~2.jpg

The first Gohsetsu is now in the Divin Lab in Hong Kong, one of the showrooms of Audioexotics.
Can you point it out in the photo? :D

4sxd3nt0czhv~3.jpg

Last edited:

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Gorgeous preamp!
Is it Chukoh's successor? Or something different? (ie: sidegrade, different tubes, lower/higher price...etc)

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Gorgeous preamp!
Is it Chukoh's successor? Or something different? (ie: sidegrade, different tubes, lower/higher price...etc)
Info is scarce at this moment and the Gohsetsu in Divin Lab may be the only one made.

Some info I heard :
- Gohsetsu may replace Chukoh.
- Gohsetsu is a full-balanced preamp.
- Two 300B per side, a push-pull design.
- Yamada San claims that it's the best preamp he has ever made.

All the above are hear-say, confirmation by audition needed.
:)

Last edited:

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Info is scarce at this moment and the Gohsetsu in Divin Lab may be the omly one made.

Some info I heard :

Thanks!
Fascinating, but somewhat unexpected, I thought that he would launch the long awaited Seikoh CD player and that Chukoh already was the best he could do. It's surprising to see another preamp before the CD player.
Anyway, Gohsetsu looks incredible, and I'm sure the sound quality is even better than it's looks!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Info is scarce at this moment and the Gohsetsu in Divin Lab may be the only one made.

Some info I heard :

Back in 2007 i owned a full Zanden Set this was the first full Zanden set in Europe probably (i may be wrong) the set was P2000 Cd Transport, 5000Mk5 Dac , Zanden 3000 preamp and 9500 MKIII monoblocks i owned the Rockport Hyperion speakers at the time (so much better than the some of the latest Rockport speakers) when i hooked them to my Rockport Hyperion speakers from day one it was very clear that something very very special is gonna happen after further burnin fine tunings and passion in about two/three weeks i heard the best ever sound in my life it was like i was in heaven also the very bad recordings where touching my soul and the very good recordings where i swear (!) better than life almost. The sound was effortless it was deep wide high dynamic fast and a midrange to die for the cymbals in a good jazz records where so rich so much singing but i must admit that this part was also thanks the Dynaudio Esotar Tweeter that where mounted in Rockport Hyperion speakers what a beautiful open full and rich sounding tweeter i feel that Rockport audio my first choice speakers in the world for many years went to the wrong direction using the new Beryllium tweeter i like the new Rockport whit this Beryllium tweeter less than the old models whit Dyaudio Esotar tweeter i dint like any speaker whit the beryllium tweeter so much, including all Magicos they are very good but not natural and rich sounding enough i will never understand this hype anyway than my Zanden 9500 Monos got a technical problem they where send back to Japan for reparation to Mr Yamada same time Mr Yamada was busy whit a new and "better version of the 9500 MKIII" Amplifier the Zanden 9600 that will be the Fully Balanced Amplifier and will deliver 90 watts instead of model 9500 MKIII delivering 60 watts and single ended design.Mr Yamada asked me if i will be interested in this new Amps that will be a upgrade from 9500 MKIII and in his opinion a better amp i said of course and accepted gladly.A month or some more later my new amps the 9600 arrived and i have never had even 75% of the performance fluidity and magic of the 9500mkiii monos the 9600 where only good..........

Coming back to Ghosetsu which is a fully balanced design i didn't hear my self this new creation of Mr Yamada but compared to Chukoh who knows if it can better Chukoh? Whit respect to the wonderful person Yamada maybe maybe not.....

The designer few of point is not very much parallel to Audiophiles and so the Music Lovers few of point always, new "better" parts new technologies new ideas is game thats very nasty in designer and builders point of few and brain we Audiophiles at home my go whit this at or not listening and comparing if you have the ability is the only way to find out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing