New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Mike

I feel just as bad for you and the Clipps. Jack is reiterating the point that I have been making. ......there are so many great teams and the game now is so fast that stamina and duration is a must. The Clippers and the Lakers are filled with talent but they lack the youth factor.

Last year when they were eliminated I felt something just wasn't right with that team. On paper they had 2 great superstars . Over the past year they just seem to be going through the same motions and often are in slow motion compared to the younger teams they are playing. This is what is happening now with the Mavs who are also peaking at the right time

They can still turn the series around but the odds aren't in their favor. Im certain at year's end Ballmer will be on the war path. I've said here many times that I am not so sure that Lue is the best coach for this team. Lue won his ring when he was a first year coach but it was really LeBron doing the coaching.

Here's what I would do and it won't sit right with you. I would fire Lue and find a top tier coach for the team, Further and more radically, I would blow up the team and trade many players, INCLUDING KL!!! I feel KL is is an overpaid player who has had bursts of greatness but he is moody and marches to the beat of a different drum, I would trade him (although I think his contract is up this year. If so, and if he isn't traded I believe he will look to move on as he is interested only in the "rings"

PG is the leader of the team and Ballmer needs to find youth to build around. Trading KL IMO would be a drastic but necessary step to get the Clippers a championship. I know Ballmer will spend the money to do such. If Clippers again have an early exit I believe many players and staff will be on the chopping block

BTW, same thing can be said for the Lakers. As the oldest team in the league I am betting they will be trading and I sense the first to go will be Kuzma who I like but has been underwhelming this season

The Utah-Memphis game proved a lot of things
1. With Donovan Mitchell back the Jazz were raining down threes from all over the court
2. Utah proved why they are the number 1 team in the NBA
3. Memphis proved they van play with the Jazz and early in the 4th they were only a few points behind coming back from down 15
4. Ja Morant is a superstar scoring a record high 47 points only to come up short
5. Play resumes in Memphis for the next 2 games. Can the Grizz find a way to slow down the Jazz and their scoring machine

Watching all of the western conference teams playing I come away with the conclusion that as great as the Jazz are I feel the Suns are an overall better team and have greater depth on the bench than the Jazz

However the Lakers did look motivated the last game so this series might become closer than I originally thought

In the East I originally was calling Sixers but watching the Nets play it seems inevitable that they will take the East and could easily finish off any team that emerges from the West

I still think we are in for some surprises as the playoffs continue

Reactions: jadis
Suddenly 2 New York teams are in contention. I haven't seen Stephen A lately but he must be ecstatic.

Reactions: steve williams
Reactions: jadis
Heat playing like the Clippers tonight, getting crushed by the Heat to go down 0-3 in the series.
I guess the Bucks really learned from last season's loss to the Heat. They have a very good lineup. And their coach is good and defensive minded. Bucks if they advance will have the Nets. And that will be a good one.

Lakers playing terrific defense tonight. Andre Drummond under the net at both ends of the court is one big strong dude. He is all muscle and bottles up the net . Great pair of hands but he can't score to save himself which are mitigated by his defensive abikities

Tied at 33 with 6:45 l4ft in the half

Booker has been controlled by the defense. What a luxury for the Lakers to have 6th man candidate of last year just warming the bench, and Morris too.

59-46 Lakers with 6:2112 left in the 3rd

Lakers are so big under the net that they bottle up the Suns forcing them to take deep perimeter shots and are missing most of them'

LeBron has taken over the game

AD has taken some spills tonight and is favoring his thigh it seems but he's still playing with tenacity

86-68 Lakers lead with 9:00 left in the 4th as the Lakers have blown the lid off this one. James continues to plow to the basket and "one" and Matthews is hitting 3's

KCP has been out with a quad contusion and Chris Paul hasn't played since falling on his shoulder. Iy has been all,Lakers ever since

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing