New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

although his shooting has been off this series for KCP, I worry about his quad injury yesterday which caused an early exit from the game with just 5 points. I like KCP as a player and glad the Lakers decided to re-sign him this past year . The more fire power the Lakers have the better as the Suns showed last night how quickly they can erase a 21 point Lakers lead and make a game out of it

I was impressed how the Lakers shut down Booker last night but Payne from way outside the 3 point line was dropping 3's easily. I think this series is far from over but I do like the Lakers chances if they win at Staples on Sunday

To me every game in a series is a pivotal one but tonight's Clippers game vs Mavs in Dallas is indeed 'the" pivotal game of this series. The Clipps need to win at least one and ideally all of the games in Dallas as they trail 0-2 in the series

I knew it would only be a matter of time before Luka emerges as a super star and frankly he is shredding the Clippers, even when KL guards him

I have racked my brain as to why the Clippers go through this fade every year and I hate to repeat but it is all about team chemistry and I am not so certain such chemistry exists with the Clipps. If KL only had a personality other than a loner who has a God given talent playing this game. Having said that IMO KL has failed miserably as the leader of this team which IMO is lead by PG. I also have to question how fond his team mates are watching him sit out the 2nd of back to back games whilst his contract pays him about $35M per year. I can't imagine the players who play every day in sickness and in health for contracts worth but a fraction of his, not feeling good about this preferential status . And then there is Lue whom I have felt never was the correct choice after Doc was fired.

Ballmer won't be happy again this year. I've said here a few days ago I would blow up the team, fire Lue and get a top tier coach as well as seriously considering trading KL unless his contract prevents it. I just think he is a true super star but his moments of greatness this year have not been the same as years past. This would free up a lot of money as well as getting some great players and/or draft choices in return. Frankly I believe the Lakers must do the same if they are to remain competitive. The league is just too good and too fast for an old Lakers team to remain competitive. James will be pushing 38 so I expect his playing time to be limited.

FWIW, Lue 's ring came as a first year coach who replaced the fired Cavs coach but the reality was that LeBron was likely the true coach that year. I just don't feel Lue is that good of a coach for such gifted Clippers team and the essential chemistry I don't feel to be there

Sorry to have said that Mike but I feel there is just something lacking in the team since KL was hired. He certainly fills the seats in the stands but all too often you see him alone at the end of the bench. IIRC he can become an unrestricted free agent this year

Having said that about trading KL, I just came upon this.....

Kawhi Leonard widely expected to re-sign with Clippers in free agency, per report
Leonard has a player option for the 2021-22 season that he could turn down in favor of unrestricted free agency

Cuban has a Euro team, on fire. :D

Reactions: WLVCA
Seemed like the Clips had punted this game but the have made a good comeback to lead 63-61 at the half.

To me every game in a series is a pivotal one but tonight's Clippers game vs Mavs in Dallas is indeed 'the" pivotal game of this series. The Clipps need to win at least one and ideally all of the games in Dallas as they trail 0-2 in the series

I knew it would only be a matter of time before Luka emerges as a super star and frankly he is shredding the Clippers, even when KL guards him

I have racked my brain as to why the Clippers go through this fade every year and I hate to repeat but it is all about team chemistry and I am not so certain such chemistry exists with the Clipps. If KL only had a personality other than a loner who has a God given talent playing this game. Having said that IMO KL has failed miserably as the leader of this team which IMO is lead by PG. I also have to question how fond his team mates are watching him sit out the 2nd of back to back games whilst his contract pays him about $35M per year. I can't imagine the players who play every day in sickness and in health for contracts worth but a fraction of his, not feeling good about this preferential status . And then there is Lue whom I have felt never was the correct choice after Doc was fired.

Ballmer won't be happy again this year. I've said here a few days ago I would blow up the team, fire Lue and get a top tier coach as well as seriously considering trading KL unless his contract prevents it. I just think he is a true super star but his moments of greatness this year have not been the same as years past. This would free up a lot of money as well as getting some great players and/or draft choices in return. Frankly I believe the Lakers must do the same if they are to remain competitive. The league is just too good and too fast for an old Lakers team to remain competitive. James will be pushing 38 so I expect his playing time to be limited.

FWIW, Lue 's ring came as a first year coach who replaced the fired Cavs coach but the reality was that LeBron was likely the true coach that year. I just don't feel Lue is that good of a coach for such gifted Clippers team and the essential chemistry I don't feel to be there

Sorry to have said that Mike but I feel there is just something lacking in the team since KL was hired. He certainly fills the seats in the stands but all too often you see him alone at the end of the bench. IIRC he can become an unrestricted free agent this year
Steve,

Just saw this post and I take no offense. Hope I am not repeating myself but one sports writer noted that in Toronto Kyle Lowry served as the team leader while Kawhi was "only" a great player. That's why Toronto won their title. Of course the Spurs had strong team leadership plus one of the best NBA coaches when he was there.

The way you feel LeBron coached the Cavs under Lu. I feel the situation is the same with Frank Vogel and the Lakers. Vogel was never a great coach in his previos gigs. Lebron also kept Jason Kidd under control. When you win the title who can complain?

As for what Kawhi does for next year most speculate he will stay in SoCal and the Clippers - he has the option to stay from what I recall.

The upcoming free agent class isn't a super duper one - and what the Clippers need is a strong leader. What they could trade for I don't know but they gave up a ton of assets for PG and KL.

If I were Tyronn or Lawrence Frank I would be a tad nervous at this point.

Time will tell the story

Reactions: jadis
Of course the Clips could get it together and win the title this year - but the odds are not good....;)
It's best of 7 and anything is possible but, yes, the odds decrease significantly. So it's better to win as it's now or never

Reactions: WLVCA
Mavs have made 17 three's and trail the Clipps 97-94 with 7 minutes left in game

This one is a great game. If Clipps can hold on for. the win and play every game like they did tonight they would be tough to beat. PG did it all and KL was also hitting from. everywhere

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing