New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

end of half and Pacers lead but Boston quickly shaves an 18 point lead to 9 but Nembhard nails a long 3

69-57

Celtics show their strength as the half closes by quickly making 9 points

Reactions: christoph
TJ McConnelll should be called "roadrunner" as he is so short and so fast hat he seems to run through the legs of the Celtics defenders, stops short, turns and makes an off balance shot so many times

what an ending to a very fast paced game.TJ McConnell and Nembhard were key in the 4th period as Boston was making everything to close to within 3 but the Pacers put on the keys to again pull away only to have the Celtics tie the game at 111 and go ahead 112-111 on the fT with 39 seconds left

Celtics never cease to amaze me as they too come back from an 18 point deficit to take a one point lead with 39 seconds in the game for their first lead since early in the game

Pacers played their hearts out and Celtics played their game where nothing bothers them . crowd taken out of the game

Pacers again have the final possession and again give up the ball to Holiday who is fouled with 1.7 seconds in the game .

Both shots made 114-111 Pacers with 1.7 seconds

Pacers inbound the ball and Nesmith misses the 3 and Pacers go down 0-3

Again another game stolen in the final 10 seconds of the game

• Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis
to change the subject and to revive an old NBA nightmare this docudrama streams on Hulu beginning June 4th

Lawrence Fishburne sure looks like Doc

Clipped Limited Series Trailer | Laurence Fishburne, Ed O'Neill, Doc Rivers, Donald Sterling

I'm speechless.

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Reviewing the highlights, that is one incredible comeback by the Celtics. Very happy for Horford for his contribution at the end. He was being targeted by the Pacers who would always score over him the last game. A great shout out to Holiday. I should say he reminds me of Dennis Johnson. No nonsense 2 way player.

I understand your concern re Dallas. I was gobsmacked t5o see how they hung around and literally shut down ANT and KAT and stole both those games

If I got this right, the Wolves where up big time in both those games before the Mavs where able to close the gap late in the game and also in the very end of both games, the Wolves had actually the better cards but lost both games in extremis :eek:

Kyrie (a series of almost impossible threes and very smooth but deadly drives to the basket) and especially Luka (also impossible threes and wonderful passes when Wolves tried to trap Luka) made the difference, while the rest of the Mavs played much more than just solid :cool:

Lively and Gafford are also really fun to watch, outstanding and obviously very important late additions to the Mavs roster :eek:

But I really fear this series if far from decided :oops:

Last edited:
I'm speechless.
I will have a look at the highlights later, it sounded incredibly suspense-packed, thank you very much, Steve for your real-time coverage :cool:

Reactions: jadis
My admiration and respect at Jrue Holiday jumped tenfold with this game . He practically won the endgame by himself on both ends . I'm still a bit out of words for this comeback win but all I can say is the focus of the Celtics has grown and I hope they can achieve the ultimate goal .

I will have a look at the highlights later, it sounded incredibly suspense-packed, thank you very much, Steve for your real-time coverage :cool:
I do it just for you

If I got this right, the Wolves where up big time in both those games before the Mavs where able to close the gap late in the game and also in the very end of both games, the Wolves had actually the better cards but lost both games in extremis :eek:

Kyrie (a series of almost impossible threes and very smooth but deadly drives to the basket) and especially Luka (also impossible threes and wonderful passes when Wolves tried to trap Luka) made the difference, while the rest of the Mavs played much more than just solid :cool:

Lively and Gafford are also really fun to watch, outstanding and obviously very important late additions to the Mavs roster :eek:

But I really fear this series if far from decided :oops:
I hope that you are right about the series not being over as the Wolves I thought were going to win the WC but the Mavs are peaking at the right time and Luka and Kyrie are carrying the team with the other players also having big roles. It seems every series is dominated and determined by the three point shot and Luka's was a dagger in the hearts of the Wolves. Plus they have contained both ANT and KAT who have become non factors in the series. Plus I wonder how much they have left. after an exhausting 7 game series against the Nuggets. Today's game is pivotal for both teams.

No matter who emerges from the WC after watching the past 3 Celtics team, they are mature, deep, highly talented and are so focused that large deficits are meaningless (I used ti feel the same about the Nuggets) but I honestly have come full circle and feel without doubt that this is the Celtics year. I said that at the beginning of the season that it was theirs to lose .....I had my doubts for a while but yesterday's game was absolutely killer as once again it all came down to the final possession with an unforced turnover and the game was won in th final 10 seconds

This is truly there era of the 3 point shot.

I do have to give credit to the Pacers who, without Haliburton made a game out of it, but they just lack the maturity and experience that the Celtics have. I doubt if Haliburton had played, that the outcome would have been anything different

I love the energy of whom I call the "roadrunner". TJ Mc Connell is a true spark plug who is so short and so fast that he mesmerizes the Boston defense

Nembhard has made a name for himself. He took over the scoring with a career high last night.

Naz Reid is also damned good

However the season ends one thing is for sure.....the Wolves and Pacers will be better next year from the experience they learned inn these playoffs. Win or lose they have everything ton be proud of....and BTW let's also not forget the Knicks who will also be there once they have their team healthy again

Thunder still have a lot to learn and IMO the "toothpick" needs to bulk up to bang with the big guys

Reactions: christoph
I still feel this series is not a given Jack. It seems so many games in these playoffs have been won in the final minute or less. They played the same against the Knicks but the Knicks were half a team. The Celtics played solid. Brown and Tatum were solid and when Brown hit that three it was over. However the Pacers are well coached and they seem to adapt quickly. They score at will but need to play a swarming defense against the Celtics just as the Wolves did against the Nuggets. The Pacers and Knicks next year will be in the elite part of the EC.

Hi guys! I'm back :) I just came from a Daddy's Day Off golf trip to Hanoi (Saigon) with some buddies.

0-3 and there is that lack of precision that Boston will not let them get away with. The level of defense into deep playoff level is something they never experienced. These playoff vets ratchet it so much they no longer look like the team you played in the regular season multiple times. Well, there's only one way to learn. They are still learning how to think, act and react way faster than the regular season. I still like what I see though, in fact I think they are one of the youngest teams to rise so quickly and I mean, from what seemed to be an internal limbo of being just okay.

Go Pacers! It's called a Gentleman's Sweep for a reason. Earn it!!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing