New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The Nets have a 22 point lead over the Magic at the half. If the Magic can overcome this, they are really something to watch out for.
Not meant to be. Bkn beats the magic by 28

clippers beat up on the Warriors and win by a point win by a point

Lakers up by 15 on the Rockets o_O

• Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis
I'm pretty sad. It looks like it's time to close the book on one of my favorite players ever. At this point I don't see Klay ever being close to what he was. Father time winning as always.

I'm pretty sad. It looks like it's time to close the book on one of my favorite players ever. At this point I don't see Klay ever being close to what he was. Father time winning as always.
Yes, same here. Steph's Pippen.

Yes, same here. Steph's Pippen.
Perhaps but in a better way To me Klay was always the silent “warrior”. Never once complained. Truly a class act

Reactions: steve williams
Trivia time. Klay, PG and Gordon Hayward all are 33 years old, all had suffered hard, long term injuries and needed a long time to rehab and recover. Sad really to see these players who got these injuries in their mid to late 20s. Hayward was never his explosive Utah self after the injury, PG seems doing ok and has been the Clippers' top scorer in many games this season. And at least, Klay got another title 2 years ago while not being the Klay on old. Injuries are a killer. The players may have become more explosive and faster in this era, but so are ACLs and other career ending injuries getting more common and in the way. I just think of Lonzo Ball now, so young and so much talented, I read his career may not be too bright in the near future. :(

You bring up an interesting point with Lonzo Phil. At what cost do we get these rocket powered youngsters? It is said that the cause of Lonzo's injuries are from over taxing his legs as a kid. There are reports from the medical field of an increase in injuries for teen athletes attributed to teens being made to do exercises used in the training of collegiate and professional athletes. These injuries used to be common only in adult athletes so the training methods themselves appear to be effective only for the shorter term.

I read somewhere that of all the major US sports Basketball has the longest average career length, American Football the shortest. I now wonder how long the rocket kids will last. These athletes are the age of my kids. I pray they will not have to pay the price at all but realistically, pray they may never have to suffer anything severe.

You bring up an interesting point with Lonzo Phil. At what cost do we get these rocket powered youngsters? It is said that the cause of Lonzo's injuries are from over taxing his legs as a kid. There are reports from the medical field of an increase in injuries for teen athletes attributed to teens being made to do exercises used in the training of collegiate and professional athletes. These injuries used to be common only in adult athletes so the training methods themselves appear to be effective only for the shorter term.

I read somewhere that of all the major US sports Basketball has the longest average career length, American Football the shortest. I now wonder how long the rocket kids will last. These athletes are the age of my kids. I pray they will not have to pay the price at all but realistically, pray they may never have to suffer anything severe.
Very true, Jack. My son and his peers who play occasionally with each other, marvel at their basketball idols who are rocket kids. I guess those are who they grew up with and becomes a sort of 'standard'. When I tell him to watch some clips of the 70s and 80s stars, he can't last long on the video and tells me they're too slow, like the Big O and Jerry West. Their generation will find the 60s stars playing in slow motion. LOL. But I told him that notice that the past eras have very few ACLs and other sorts of serious and career ending injuries. I told him all the game needs is to take the ball and put it through the net. It's good to know that bit about taxing the young kids with hard and rigid training. Which reminds me, my nephew was sent to train with a basketball trainer when he was like 14, had to wake up early to go through the rudiments of the program. The goal was to make it to the high school varsity team. He made it but after playing for 3 years he got burned out, didn't even want to talk basketball with my son. :D

Case in point …. A middle line backer named Zion :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
Yes Steve probably the case with Zion as well. I don't know much about anatomy but it always seems to be about ligaments.

and finally the league reveals the In Season Tournament Trophy...does anyone care:oops:

NBA unveils trophies for inaugural In-Season Tournament

The NBA Cup, In-Season Tournament MVP Trophy, In-Season Tournament Medals and All-Tournament Team Trophies are revealed

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
speaking of Zion and the Pels......personally my favorite Pen is ex Laker Brandon Ingram

The 18 hours that might've saved Zion Williamson, Brandon Ingram and the New Orleans Pelicans' season

LeBron trolls Udoka and double T's are issued but Udoka is the one to get ejected. What a riot

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
  • Haha
Phil

I was reading the unicorn is sitting out the playoff game tonight. They should still win but as always this year, on any given day, any team can defeat any other team
The balloon wil bust for the Lakers in their playoff game against the wild card Suns

Phil

I was reading the unicorn is sitting out the playoff game tonight. They should still win but as always this year, on any given day, any team can defeat any other team
That's right Steve, there is no 'given' now in the NBA. Got to play your best against any team. And yes, Porzingis has missed the last 5 or 6 games with a calf strain. Hope he comes back soon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing