New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My biggest disappointment these few years is not seeing Zion become the phenom that he was touted to be. His best moment to me was the 360 windmill at the end of the game that caused a raucous because there was an unwritten rule that you're not supposed to shoot or score when you've got the game all wrapped up. What a waste of a talent.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
IMO Zion is nothing more than a flash in the pan. His weight has been an issue from day one. The franchise has been built around him but he has been a no show since he entered the league. To me there are bigger fish in the pond than him. Lakers traded all of their assets to get AD and to build a winner around Zion. What a dud for the Pels. He is constantly injured and you rarely even see him on the sideline cheering on his team.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Injuries to the "bigs" typically become chronic and can flare with the least provocation. AD I feel has fallen victim to this . He plays great when he can but he has a chronic foot sprain that keeps him out. Shades of Big Red and the Bill Walton years . We are also seeing the general decline of LeBron. As healthy a specimen as he is, he is not impervious to chronic or recurrent injuries

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IMO Zion is nothing more than a flash in the pan. His weight has been an issue from day one. The franchise has been built around him but he has been a no show since he entered the league. To me there are bigger fish in the pond than him. Lakers traded all of their assets to get AD and to build a winner around Zion. What a dud for the Pels. He is constantly injured and you rarely even see him on the sideline cheering on his team.
Upon checking, I read Zion had a hamstring injury last January 2. It's been 2 months and 2 weeks. I'm thinking maybe the Pelicans want to play super safe as they did before and elongate the time for Zion to recover. This may be a subset of load management started by Kawhi.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Injuries to the "bigs" typically become chronic and can flare with the least provocation. AD I feel has fallen victim to this . He plays great when he can but he has a chronic foot sprain that keeps him out. Shades of Big Red and the Bill Walton years . We are also seeing the general decline of LeBron. As healthy a specimen as he is, he is not impervious to chronic or recurrent injuries
Early injuries to bigs that I have on my mind, are Sam Bowie and Greg Oden. Top 3 drafts they were but we never saw what they're capable of. Too bad.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Warriors lose on the road against the Hawks. They are missing Wiggins, no doubt. And I've read some fans jokingly saying they miss Mike Brown. Also the chemistry has changed a bit, DiVicenso is now the starting PG and Curry is now a 2, and Klay is a 3. With Looney and Kuminga doing the bigs' jobs. Poole is like a backup to Steph. It's coaching decision.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

What a game Lakers leading by 4 with 7.2 seconds left in the game. Dumb move as Lakers foul behind the arc snd all three points made

109-108

AD is fouled on the throw in and makes only one

110-108 with 6.7 seconds

on the throw in Dallas makes a 3 at the buzzer to win 111-110

i dont see the Lakers going anywhere. AD should have made both FT’s at the end. They made dumb decisions at the end of the game.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thrilling game. Dallas wins on 2 three points possessions.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lebron was coaching AD on the sidelines, with sunglasses. :D

Steve Williams

Lebron was coaching AD on the sidelines, with sunglasses. :D
He was all blinged out with his rings and gold everywhere. His suit almost looked like a tux. I thought AD blew the game when he missed the first free throw and made the second. If he had made both they would have won the game. Lakers are not going far this year contrary to some beliefs. That game should never have been lost by the Lakers

Steve Williams

IMO the last 2 Lakers losses may just come back and bite them that they couldn't take care of business. Those two games if won would have raised them in the play in standings. Today however they are in the 10 slot tied with Utah who has 2 games in hand on the Lakers. Only a handful of games left in the season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rumors about Wiggins are floating, poor guy. Hope he gets back in one piece.

Steve Williams

The rumors are brutal. FWIW GSW lost on the road again yesterday. They are going nowhere in the finals unless the first 4 game of any series are payed at home :oops:

Boston loses on the road to Utah, I'm not liking what I see happening at this time of the season to the Celtics. Will they be healthy for the playoffs

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The rumors are brutal. FWIW GSW lost on the road again yesterday. They are going nowhere in the finals unless the first 4 game of any series are payed at home :oops:

Boston loses on the road to Utah, I'm not liking what I see happening at this time of the season to the Celtics. Will they be healthy for the playoffs
AFAIC , Boston cannot go deep without Robert Williams.

• Wow

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Trivia time. I just learned the Zion has already signed a rookie extension paying him $30- $40m for the next 4 years. And the Pelicans management seems content to pay him to be a flower vase or ornament, :D

Steve Williams

Lakers at home to Orlando quickly take a 16 point lead only to see it just as quick evaporate until Orlando took a 9 point lead >Then Austin Reaves takes over the game and single handedly won the game for the Lakers

Final Lakers 11-105

Keeps the Lakers in the 10 spot

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing