New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Warriors lose again on the road this time to the Clippers.

Ranking NBA's top five title contenders: Warriors ahead of Celtics; 76ers, Nuggets miss cut​

3. Golden State Warriors

I don't put any stock whatsoever in Golden State's regular-season road ineptitude. I can't explain it, but as long as they get into a first-round series (far from guaranteed), they're going to reset and be as dangerous as they were last year, when we also tried to write them off as a top-tier contender at multiple points of the season only to watch the win the whole thing.

The above (from the Link regarding Lillard, a little further down) is what I more or less always said :p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Ranking NBA's top five title contenders: Warriors ahead of Celtics; 76ers, Nuggets miss cut​

3. Golden State Warriors

I don't put any stock whatsoever in Golden State's regular-season road ineptitude. I can't explain it, but as long as they get into a first-round series (far from guaranteed), they're going to reset and be as dangerous as they were last year, when we also tried to write them off as a top-tier contender at multiple points of the season only to watch the win the whole thing.

The above (from the Link regarding Lillard, a little further down) is what I more or less always said :p
If Curry and Klay are healthy, they are always dangerous. But they need Wiggins, a consistent scoring forward, which they had in Harrison Barnes in the early years.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
If Curry and Klay are healthy, they are always dangerous. But they need Wiggins, a consistent scoring forward, which they had in Harrison Barnes in the early years.
I agree completely.
Does anyone know what the problem is with Wiggins?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Sad
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Clippers seem to be the only team in the WC that no one talks about and/or no one cares about. They are in 5th place and coasting along. If playoffs started today they would be facing the Suns who I believe will easily beat the Clippers. If this season goes the way of the previous 4, I would have to think Ballmer will make changes starting with Tyrone Lue and working down

Steve Williams

Good to see Ja Morant express some contrition and taking ownership of his actions......

Ja Morant, addressing recent incidents, says 'I realize what I have to lose'

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pacers beat Bucks handily. I'm really surprised at the Pacers non-play-in record. They've got a pretty good lineup and when I see them play they are very good.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Pacers beat Bucks handily. I'm really surprised at the Pacers non-play-in record. They've got a pretty good lineup and when I see them play they are very good.
so many good teams this year Phil and most are barely over .500 so anything can happen. Seven game series separates the men from 5the boys as I believe on any day any team can beat even the mightiest but out them in a 7 game series and I bet things would be different. Having said that there will be many surprises I am betting as well as many teams such as the Lakers being the unknown who @Dimfer would hope they go all the way or @christoph who wants the GSW go all the way or will they be spoilers and maybe even a cinderella team could arise, all for the makings of a good playoff year

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
so many good teams this year Phil and most are barely over .500 so anything can happen. Seven game series separates the men from 5the boys as I believe on any day any team can beat even the mightiest but out them in a 7 game series and I bet things would be different. Having said that there will be many surprises I am betting as well as many teams such as the Lakers being the unknown who @Dimfer would hope they go all the way or @christoph who wants the GSW go all the way or will they be spoilers and maybe even a cinderella team could arise, all for the makings of a good playoff year
To me, those teams with playoff experience are a dangerous teams.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Good to see Ja Morant express some contrition and taking ownership of his actions......

Ja Morant, addressing recent incidents, says 'I realize what I have to lose'

I think it is his lawyer or management team who wrote/composed that statement.. Ja memorized and read it

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Draymond Green has gone over the limit for a seasons Technical Fouls. Got his first suspension, and then every 2nd tech thereafter gets another suspension. Some benchwarmer should taunt him in the playoffs and he could be out for 3 games. I saw his last brushes with Dillon Brooks and Marcus Morris and found out he really is not that big to be bullying big players around. Well, he bullied a smaller Westbrook for his 16th tech. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As for the Ja Morant incident, I gotta hand it to Silver and his legal staff for making rules very specific for NBA players to follow the league's code of conduct. With social media, one cannot predict what these headcases will do.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
We‘ve seen what GSW achieved last year.. I think some people wrote them off at some point midseason. they played different basketball in the playoff. But without Wiggins, tough road ahead for them. As good as Denver looks at this point, I don’t think they will go all the way. I believe a healthy Lakers can beat then in a 7 game series. Being #8 seed for the Lakers (or any team) can be a blessing or a curse. If your roster have a favorable matchup, you eliminate the #1 seed, and the road gets smoother… or you get eliminated right away :p:D

Steve Williams

We‘ve seen what GSW achieved last year.. I think some people wrote them off at some point midseason. they played different basketball in the playoff. But without Wiggins, tough road ahead for them. As good as Denver looks at this point, I don’t think they will go all the way. I believe a healthy Lakers can beat then in a 7 game series. Being #8 seed for the Lakers (or any team) can be a blessing or a curse. If your roster have a favorable matchup, you eliminate the #1 seed, and the road gets smoother… or you get eliminated right away :p:D
@Dimfer

I gotta have whatever you're smoking or drinking ,. The Warriors can't win on the road. Of all the teams as potentials this year I. cannot see the GSW going anywhere as they will be playing 4 out of the 7 games on the road based on their standing. As for Green he thinks the world has forgotten the dust up with Poole. IMO we are seeing the rapid decline of the previous great GSW dynasty. The only player scoring is Stephane sometimes Klay. Without Wiggins they will not go far if even beyond the first round. This is a much different team than last year

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

As for the Ja Morant incident, I gotta hand it to Silver and his legal staff for making rules very specific for NBA players to follow the league's code of conduct. With social media, one cannot predict what these headcases will do.
well handing something to Silver..............one would only hope that the rules and code of conduct in any league would say "brandishing a gun in public" would call for an immediate suspension. Morant got off easy . I would hope he got the message. If not Ja Morant's rapidly rising star will rapidly br extinguished. To me he's one of the most exciting to watch players in the league

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

as for Denver not winning the West, based on their past 4 games I would have to agree which leaves potential for many cinderella teams. Right now the Cinderella tea in the West is the Kings but I still feel a health Suns team could win the WC.

As for the Lakers, Im sorry but after the new look Lakers starting winning games to put hem in the 10 spot there might be a glimmer of hope that they might win a play in. series, but the way they played against the Rockets a few nights ago was an embarrassment to watch. I like to dream as well Dim but the Lakers cannot play Dee and without a healthy LeBron and AD they won;'t go far

I see this so far as Suns (assuming KD is healthy) finishing out the west

as for the East, I see it between, Bucks, Celts and Sixers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
well handing something to Silver..............one would only hope that the rules and code of conduct in any league would say "brandishing a gun in public" would call for an immediate suspension. Morant got off easy . I would hope he got the message. If not Ja Morant's rapidly rising star will rapidly br extinguished. To me he's one of the most exciting to watch players in the league
He's exciting no doubt, Steve. And he's got some spunk and fire when he makes his drives. Sometimes his drives are daredevil types ala Derrick Rose in his early years. He's gotta be careful, his career is just starting.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing