Neodio B2 resonance device

JMA6, Unfortunately, I have to tell you that the system was far from a top set-up at your appointment. I was on site for the last three weeks and have fixed all the problems and in 4 weeks the customer's system will also be ready in the analog branch. The drive is running again and soon the passive switches will be installed. Just look around again and enjoy.
I will need to go again to listen to Philippe set up . thank's for the info !

I’m a little bit embarrassed having to admit that I’m liking the Origines B2. Why? Because they sound nice in my room.
I tried different positions and on the floor in front of the speakers is the most relevant to improve the effect. With other 2 pieces on each side, between the stereo amp and the speaker. Under the Puritan conditioner had less success than on top of it. Also on the front wall I like the results.

Call it psychoacoustic but I’m pretty sure the B2s are able to elevate the listening experience in a very pleasant and audible way but this time a different way too.

The emotional tension of a crescendo, the prolongation of the state of waiting (suspense) before the change of rhythm, the involvement in the most delicate passages that touch the chords of the emotions, the melancholy is more intense and the good peace of serenity envelops you in a visceral calm.

In short, the result is relevant to the sphere of sensations that greater contact with music can stimulate, amplify, ignite. I want to say that I’m becoming passionate about what I’m listening to not with my ears but with my soul.

These Origines convey the musical message in an excellent way, bringing emotions in bunches in a truly pleasant and engaging way.

In the meantime, not only have I decided to keep them but I will order 4 more because… I really like what I am perceiving with all my senses, not just hearing.

Let me add that I personally found more engagement from these B2s than from fuses and footers or Furutech tools lately. Life is strange, Italians even more, my friends!
Thank's for your writing .What you describe is exactly what I get from the B2's in my system I have now ten in my system .

My speakers are B&W 803D4 , therefore it is impossible to put any on the speaker . In front of the speaker there is oriental rug . I have tried around the speaker with little effect ( my floor is wooden floor ) .

The best spot for my system are under the speaker cable ( lessloss with cotton sleeve ) . On top of wooden furniture which are not far from the speakers , this is very efficient in this location . Three under the less loss filter and distribution box , very efficient there too and two under wooden grounding boxes .
On my dedicated stereo furniture (laminated wood ) I have not been convinced of the effect of the B2 .

I have to do some test on top of electronic equipment .

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli
I got even better results placing some B2s on the front wall, they seem to enlighten portions of the soundstage.

Under the speaker cables is not an option in my case, unfortunately. They are 2 cables for each channel and very stiff.

Thanks to @sbnx advises, I tried other placements.

In respect the pic here below I added a very low rack in between the speakers, to place the DAC and PowerBase over the top shelf, and added 4 more B2s. But it’s enough to give you an idea, I hope.

IMG_1080.jpeg

I got even better results placing some B2s on the front wall, they seem to enlighten portions of the soundstage.

Under the speaker cables is not an option in my case, unfortunately. They are 2 cables for each channel and very stiff.

Thanks to @sbnx advises, I tried other placements.

In respect the pic here below I added a very low rack in between the speakers, to place the DAC and PowerBase over the top shelf, and added 4 more B2s. But it’s enough to give you an idea, I hope.

View attachment 131632
Luca, They way you have the B2's distributed looks very good. They interact with the room so if the room is symmetric I think the B2's need to be placed symmetrically. Placing them front to back and low to high the way you have them is very effective.

I get that I am a little OCD about this type of thing but I make certain that I measure and get the left and right B2 exactly the same distance from the center line. Also, They are sensitive to "micro" placement. Meaning if you move it 1/4" or 1/2" it can be the difference between good and wow.

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli
Luca, They way you have the B2's distributed looks very good. They interact with the room so if the room is symmetric I think the B2's need to be placed symmetrically. Placing them front to back and low to high the way you have them is very effective.

I get that I am a little OCD about this type of thing but I make certain that I measure and get the left and right B2 exactly the same distance from the center line. Also, They are sensitive to "micro" placement. Meaning if you move it 1/4" or 1/2" it can be the difference between good and wow.
Oh don’t worry, I’m obsessed by symmetry too. I meticulously did my homework. Thank you again for your help, it was very useful.

One more note on the B2's. They also work behind the listening position. You can try putting them on a shelf or diffuser panel etc behind you. It is an interesting effect. I personally don't like it but It is likely room dependent. I know one person who has them behind the listening position and likes what it does in his room.

One more note on the B2's. They also work behind the listening position. You can try putting them on a shelf or diffuser panel etc behind you. It is an interesting effect. I personally don't like it but It is likely room dependent. I know one person who has them behind the listening position and likes what it does in his room.
Thanks, yes I tried also behind and on both sides of the listening position. In my room the effect there is subtle. The funny thing is that you can experiment without limits, maybe in future I can find other options. It never ends.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing