Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lakers in 6

Why
2. Kobe Bryant
3. The Black Mamba
4. Home court advantage
5. They will avenge the 2008 championship loss
6. Ron, you are the only Lakers fans here and the only two reading this thread :)

Steve Williams

So it all comes down to Game 7

I am still betting on the Lakers even though Boston is 4-0 when it comes to winning a Game 7 in the NBA championship

Overall IMO this years finals were filled with excitement and surprises. Who would have thought that Boston would have eliminated the Cavs, Magic and quite possibly the Lakers to win it all.

At least I know that Ron Party and I will be watching the game tomorrow.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Longtime Boston fan here. Of course, I'm hoping Boston can overcome the homecourt advantage and steal a win in Game 7. Tall order though.

Steve Williams

Longtime Boston fan here. Of course, I'm hoping Boston can overcome the homecourt advantage and steal a win in Game 7. Tall order though.

The other stat is that Boston is 4-0 when playing 7th game against the Lakers

Go Lakers

Anyone know what the odds are in tomorrow's game

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I guess 3 are now reading this thread. lol

Kobe is a microwave in terms of putting in points. He makes hard shots. Hard to stop. Kendrick Perkins is out of the series and that is a psychological downer for the Celts. If ever they want to win, they have to relay of some hidden mystique which of late, (the last 2 80s series) had not appeared as they lost both '85 and '87 to the Lakers. As much as I want the Celts to win tomorrow, I am not holding my breath.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Phil Jackson has never lost a playoff series in which his team won the first game. Every NBA championship series tied 1-1 has been won by the team which won game three.

Statistics are fun, but not necessarily predictive.

Go Lakers!!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
very interesting stats. but i personally do not buy them. they all happen after the outcome. stats determine probabilities but they cannot do possibilities entirely. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Well, so far, 2 out of 2 people say statistics are for losers. It's hard to argue when the evidence is 100 percent consistent.

Oh, wait, I just used statistics!:eek:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Lakers have never beat the Celtics in a 7th game of the finals.

Could this be the year?

Steve Williams

The Lakers have never beat the Celtics in a 7th game of the finals.

Could this be the year?

IMO this will be Kobe's last chance at a championship with rumors that Phil won't be back and/or he will be coaching the Cavs. Kobe will finish out his career as a Laker and there are now too many teams in the west that can now beat the Lakers

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
IMO this will be Kobe's last chance at a championship with rumors that Phil won't be back and/or he will be coaching the Cavs. Kobe will finish out his career as a Laker and there are now too many teams in the west that can now beat the Lakers
Not yet. Here's my take on their personnel for next year. Bynum returns healthy. [sarcasim]He injures one of his knees again.[/sarcasim] Gasol and Kobe are still under contract. So are Artest and Odom. They resign Fisher if he doesn't price himself out of town, like he did 3 years ago when he (insanely) agreed to sign with the W's. They get a quality point guard with quickness to either start (depending on how much quality they can fit under the salary cap) or come off the bench. Farmar is gone. Roughly same personnel with some upgrade.

Who's gonna challenge? Well, of course, we won't know until trades and free agent signings are completed. How'd you like to see the Lakers trade Odom and Artest for the rights to Amare? How'd that be for a starting front court: Bynum, Gasol and Amare. On D, the paint would be sealed. Permanently.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing