My Sonic Signature Platinum or X-quisite CA?

Mostec

Dec 2, 2021
Hello to all, my turntable is Tech Das Air Force V Premium with Thales Simplicity II tonearm and Lyra Kleos cartridge. Now I have a chance to buy MSL Signature Platinum or X-quisite CA. What is your opinion?

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Hello to all, my turntable is Tech Das Air Force V Premium with Thales Simplicity II tonearm and Lyra Kleos cartridge. Now I have a chance to buy MSL Signature Platinum or X-quisite CA. What is your opinion?

You should try to listen to them both and optimally try them on your own arm and table in your own system. Especially on this elevated level.

Which qualities are you looking for?

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Mostec

Dec 2, 2021
I still didn't find the dealer who can borrow cartridges for demo at my home. I'm looking details and dynamics, listen to jazz, vocals, instrumental and acoustic music. My preamp is EAR 912.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
The decision depends on your taste and the sonic flavor of your existing system.

I wrote some comments about MSL here

X- quisite is more on the detailed analytic side than msl

you might consider the EMT Novel as a compromise between the two, also fitting nicely to your Thales tonearm.

If you like to to have the best from the MSL plant, you might consider Air Tight Opus1 as well.
Personally I like the Sumile, which is produced by MSL as well.

Anyhow, all named carts play well and will give you hours of nice music

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing