My Pachanko Server is here. A bargain at 16k Euros?!

TMY168

Oct 12, 2022
Bangkok, Thailand
www.facebook.com
Hi Tommy - good stuff! If you have a well functioning NAIT2 please PM me :)
Hi, DrPo, The Naits are my collection, not for sales. All are great examples and serviced by Witch Hat Servicing (UK).

Congratulation on the Pachanko Reference. I hope to get one soon. Mini is amazing. Mini SE is much better. I bet the Reference is out of this world.

Attachments

• Nait 03.jpg
    Nait 03.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: DrPo

VK-GR

Aug 12, 2022
Reaching out to the Pachanko / Diretta Gang.....who also have dedicated switch....and an extra ethernet cable

Could you guys pls give the following a try and revert with comments.
Patch all components, including Diretta, onto switch...
So, Port A and Port B of Pachanko each go to switch. (2 x Lan cables)
Then Diretta to switch (1 x Lan cable)

Preferably all cables shorter that 1m.....

What effect does this have on your system?
No right or wrong here....Just what you hear...
THANX
Anyone?:ppls

DrPo

Apr 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Hi, DrPo, The Naits are my collection, not for sales. All are great examples and serviced by Witch Hat Servicing (UK).

Congratulation on the Pachanko Reference. I hope to get one soon. Mini is amazing. Mini SE is much better. I bet the Reference is out of this world.
beautiful collection, congrats!

VK-GR

Aug 12, 2022
beautiful collection, congrats!

Tommy, indeed fantastic, is this a complete collection of all Nait models?

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I didn’t have a chance to listen properly for the first night master piece arrived. Luckily, I had a good listening session last night.

Lots of people here have mentioned the dark background. The way I explain what I hear, there is a strong presence, the singer, the instruments. You can “see” them they’re performing for you.

Black magic woman by Patricia barber is a very busy track. But music from the pachanko server makes them neat, you can easily tell the difference of each instrument and their position. They are not blended together or sound alike. Awesome rhythm.

6FD73D5F-7EBD-4F02-B616-AA75E10EDB6A.jpeg

Moonlight serenade by Ray Brown and Laurindo Almeida. Closed eyes, I just feel two masters are playing in front of me.

FC796351-D1FD-43A6-A710-FA332FEBC924.jpeg
I need more time to evaluate the server and write down my thoughts, stay tuned.

VK-GR

Aug 12, 2022
I didn’t have a chance to listen properly for the first night master piece arrived. Luckily, I had a good listening session last night.

Lots of people here have mentioned the dark background. The way I explain what I hear, there is a strong presence, the singer, the instruments. You can “see” them they’re performing for you.

Black magic woman by Patricia barber is a very busy track. But music from the pachanko server makes them neat, you can easily tell the difference of each instrument and their position. They are not blended together or sound alike. Awesome rhythm.

View attachment 100421

Moonlight serenade by Ray Brown and Laurindo Almeida. Closed eyes, I just feel two masters are playing in front of me.

View attachment 100422
I need more time to evaluate the server and write down my thoughts, stay tuned.
TDX, really nice!!! Enjoy...

Looking at this wonderful photo (two posts above) of the Constellation under-side, of the copper underplate reminds me of a story....
A Japanese engineer who was obsessed with noise and shielding....he was working for Marantz....
He came to Europe and set up an engineering center that would tweek the Marantz high-end models and make them special....
He of course became a legend over time and you can find such underplates in his most beloved models.....
RIP Ken Ishiwata !!!

Chan, you are following and applying fantastic science here that only the true masters know "how to"! Love it.

TDX, really happy for you!!! One question though...WHERE IS YOUR DIRETTA?????;)

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
TDX, really nice!!! Enjoy...

Looking at this wonderful photo (two posts above) of the Constellation under-side, of the copper underplate reminds me of a story....
A Japanese engineer who was obsessed with noise and shielding....he was working for Marantz....
He came to Europe and set up an engineering center that would tweek the Marantz high-end models and make them special....
He of course became a legend over time and you can find such underplates in his most beloved models.....
RIP Ken Ishiwata !!!

Chan, you are following and applying fantastic science here that only the true masters know "how to"! Love it.

TDX, really happy for you!!! One question though...WHERE IS YOUR DIRETTA?????;)
Not in a rush. My boxes are getting more and more. For now, I try to keep things simple.

VK-GR

Aug 12, 2022
Good morning (or good evening, depending on time zone)....

Really impressed with a particular aspect of my system and...like an ultra excited happy child....wanted to share experience.
I will attribute this to the Pachanko/Diretta combination.

One fantastic, short, piano piece in two versions...
a.The Departure by Max Richter performed by Lang Lang (encore version)
b. The Departure by Max Richter performed by Khatia Buniatishvili

Man....I got stuck and spent all Saturday evening listening to the above two pieces over and over again.
Two very different interpretations of the same thing.
Lang Lang giving passion through technical skill and off/on tempo magic
Buniatishvili spilling passion by means of every gentle stroke of the piano

When I play these two pieces with Pachanko and Diretta combo...I can hear "ringing" of the piano. Seriously, the type you get in concert hall situations. When I revert to my old mac mini setup (no Pachanko+Diretta) that magic is totally gone. Sure, the pieces still sound nice. But not magic. And so many other small details, even the key strokes...the depth...

Every once in a while, just revert to your previous setup - for an hour or a day - it gives such pleasure to then drop back to the P+D and appreciate the difference....

Inviting all my friends to give it try...and comment...maybe I m just mad???? :p

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 11.28.25.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022
Being well versed with various servers/streamers over the years we recently included the Pachanko products to our portfolio. Primarily with those in mind who suffice with display functions using only their iPads or phones. Excellent production quality, easy setup and great support (if needed) are the first impressions. For starters, as seen on the image we hooked it up to the Rockna Wavelight DAC, Kora amp and Ktema speakers, also using the Pachanko digital cables. We'll comment on those separately.

The sound is excellent and then we are "only" using the Constellation Mini, which is where their range starts. This is truly an amazing achievement considering the price tag and for those with a da-converter they already enjoy, the Constellation Mini must be the perfect marriage. If of course, you aim even higher then their other units will be an even better match.

However, considering the Mini's performance together with the Pachanko digital cables this is a combo that will satisfy most, a bargain if there ever was one, B0001261.jpg leave you fairly speechless and save you looking any further. This is a great product and a super achievement by the Pachanko team. Wherever you are in the hifi world, be sure to get some hands on, close encounter with the Pachanko units.

VK-GR

Aug 12, 2022
Being well versed with various servers/streamers over the years we recently included the Pachanko products to our portfolio. Primarily with those in mind who suffice with display functions using only their iPads or phones. Excellent production quality, easy setup and great support (if needed) are the first impressions. For starters, as seen on the image we hooked it up to the Rockna Wavelight DAC, Kora amp and Ktema speakers, also using the Pachanko digital cables. We'll comment on those separately.

The sound is excellent and then we are "only" using the Constellation Mini, which is where their range starts. This is truly an amazing achievement considering the price tag and for those with a da-converter they already enjoy, the Constellation Mini must be the perfect marriage. If of course, you aim even higher then their other units will be an even better match.

However, considering the Mini's performance together with the Pachanko digital cables this is a combo that will satisfy most, a bargain if there ever was one, View attachment 100838 leave you fairly speechless and save you looking any further. This is a great product and a super achievement by the Pachanko team. Wherever you are in the hifi world, be sure to get some hands on, close encounter with the Pachanko units.
Fantastic showroom!And gear....would love to visit your company if given the opportunity. Feel free to upload more photos pls :)...and your comments on other gear!!!pls!!! What exactly are the conal white speaker designs in the back????plasma????

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022
Fantastic showroom!And gear....would love to visit your company if given the opportunity. Feel free to upload more photos pls :)...and your comments on other gear!!!pls!!! What exactly are the conal white speaker designs in the back????plasma????
Thanks! yes, we do have a lot - in the service of assisting customers on different levels of interest and economical possibilities. You are most welcome to visit us whenever in Stockholm. We do get a lot of requests and visits from friendly people/musiclovers from all around the globe. Great fun and a reason why this business is a nice place to be. :)

We always present different speakers "techniques" to people interested in moving from one level to the next. At least following a presentation of any "unfamiliar" dito the listener may find that past experiences and choices did not reveal all. For one we've worked with omnidirectionals for almost 20 years. We carry the best brands, MBL, Bayz, German Physics and Duvel, covering all price ranges, room sizes etc. The silver speakers are the MBL 101's. Behind, the white one is the German Duevel Venus. A great speaker for a fairly low price tag. A wonderful product with a filling, natural sound embracing the listener.

Hope to see you in Stockholm! :)

ps. here is another setup and some other great products!
B0000465-bw-min 2.jpg

Bat

Nov 28, 2022
Just received Constellation Mini SE and Diretta a few days ago. My initial experience is Constellation opens up everything. The vocal is very clear and detailed, I can imagine the face expression of the singer and understand their emotion. Sound stage is spacious. I'm so impressed with the image and soundstage. It reveals the minor detail in the background. For double bass, I hear the wave of the instrument of each key.

Attachments

• E1B92B82-369B-4B1F-A73C-20F66954CE36.jpeg
    E1B92B82-369B-4B1F-A73C-20F66954CE36.jpeg
    834.2 KB · Views: 19

pngbb

Jun 21, 2022
HK
I have been using Constellation Mini almost 6 months. In this period of time, Chan recommended Fidelizer''s switch to me, a very cost-effective upgrade to my CAS. Also, he keeps optimizing my Mini. I just received and installed the new Stellar LPS. Now, the background is even darker. This improves the soundstage presentation, it is hard to believe my CAS is able to create a "borderless" soundstage in my bedroom. The imaging is so good that the vocal and the instruments have their own space and sound like floating in the air. I can almost touch the singer. it is so engaging and just like flowing in the stream of music. My Weiss DAC 501 4ch helps too, my DAC501 and Mini team up very well.

I need to buy a 2kg Vibbeater for the LPS
PNG00517a.jpg
PNG00518.JPG
PNG00520.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing