My Pachanko Server is here. A bargain at 16k Euros?!

pachankolabs

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2020
La Réunion
www.pachankolabs.com
5A is recommended
How many amps are needed/preferred from a LPS?

Good to see more and more users are finding this brand. Can't wait for more users to review and share their experiences.

And as I said, if budget allows, go for the top model.
Power is everything with digital :)
Thank you for your trust!

Reactions: Bogan88
Jul 8, 2022
Do you mean the Constellation Mini?
I also have the Constellation Mini. I use the Hypsos as power supply. On short term it will be replaced by another model from Panchanko. In the mean time I borrow the mini from from my dealer Audiotweaks. From the Netherlands. Thats is were I live. About the mini. I use it in combination with a streamer from Sforzato. I have now the benefit of using the Diretta protocol. This combi of Sforzato-Diretta-Mini server from Panchanko sounds GREAT!!! I had so many digital sources at my home. Some sounded nice, some sounded great. This combi brings eveything together. What strikes at most. At first hearing is the super detail, the really spacious sound and atmost……the bubbly musicality.

Attachments

• 6A02E635-D30F-41A4-9BE6-DC511B87552B.jpeg
    6A02E635-D30F-41A4-9BE6-DC511B87552B.jpeg
    676 KB · Views: 55
  • 6C753FC3-085F-4E5E-8F1D-2B9B83C8363F.jpeg
    6C753FC3-085F-4E5E-8F1D-2B9B83C8363F.jpeg
    454.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Can you tell me more about your experience with Sforzato DAC/streamer? I heard a Sforzato at the Florida Hi-Fi sow here in the SS and it was some of the best digital I have heard. Do you use Roon or another streamer software?

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
Hello!
A very interesting experience to make Sforzato friends with Pachanko Servers!
As you can see from the specifications of Mini (like all Pachanko servers), they are built on OS Windows 10 and use the Diretta protocol.
This is a very true, progressive and musical solution.
Sforzato is one of the few players that supports Diretta.
This should sound great!

In the photo of your luxury system, I see a Fidata server, which also supports the Diretta but costs a lot more than the Constellation Mini.
How is your comparison? It's very interesting to know the details.

And yes, I'll upvote Gary (gleeds)'s question about Roon. What is your experience with Roon on this system?

Alex.

Jul 8, 2022
Can you tell me more about your experience with Sforzato DAC/streamer? I heard a Sforzato at the Florida Hi-Fi sow here in the SS and it was some of the best digital I have heard. Do you use Roon or another streamer software?
I use ROON. I am a big fan of ROON. Sounds great and very userfriendly. Also very important: it works flawlessly. I have from Sforzato the DSP—030EX. Together with de PMC-15EX clock. Sounds gorgeous.

Jul 8, 2022
Hello!
A very interesting experience to make Sforzato friends with Pachanko Servers!
As you can see from the specifications of Mini (like all Pachanko servers), they are built on OS Windows 10 and use the Diretta protocol.
This is a very true, progressive and musical solution.
Sforzato is one of the few players that supports Diretta.
This should sound great!

In the photo of your luxury system, I see a Fidata server, which also supports the Diretta but costs a lot more than the Constellation Mini.
How is your comparison? It's very interesting to know the details.

And yes, I'll upvote Gary (gleeds)'s question about Roon. What is your experience with Roon on this system?

Alex.
The data to the Sforzato is stored on the Fidata and the Pannchanko mini. If I listen to the exactly the same file the Fidata sounds perhaps slightly opener. Only slightly! The differente in price is very huge! So….the Panchanko is by far the better choice.

With ROON you can easily make your choice. See the photo.

Attachments

• 747D2D9A-5ECE-4594-A5BC-4EFF05A78370.jpeg
    747D2D9A-5ECE-4594-A5BC-4EFF05A78370.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 26

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
Roon Core is in Mini?
In this case, can you use Fidata as a second server running Roon?
In Roon, you can choose where the data will come from to Sforzato?

Reactions: Tannoysuperprestige
Jul 8, 2022
Roon Core is in Mini?
In this case, can you use Fidata as a second server running Roon?
In Roon, you can choose where the data will come from to Sforzato?
Yes, the Roon core is in the mini. Say it otherwise The mini is the Roon core. I use the Fidata only for storage.
Of course you choose where the data is coming from. I am selecting always the Fidata and the Panchanko as the storage devices. I have them standard on ON.When you select a file in Roon, Roon shows this file and where it is located. You choose than which file you want to listen to.

Nakor

May 14, 2011
I use ROON. I am a big fan of ROON. Sounds great and very userfriendly. Also very important: it works flawlessly. I have from Sforzato the DSP—030EX. Together with de PMC-15EX clock. Sounds gorgeous.
This is getting more and more interesting. I've used Roon since 2015, am interested in Diretta, and have a Sforzato DSP-030EX. Without a clock upgrade though. Yet.

This Pachanko Mini is starting to look like a bit of a no-brainer. I'm currently using an iMac (M1) as Roon Core, but I'd like to try a separate server.

Jul 8, 2022
This is getting more and more interesting. I've used Roon since 2015, am interested in Diretta, and have a Sforzato DSP-030EX. Without a clock upgrade though. Yet.

This Pachanko Mini is starting to look like a bit of a no-brainer. I'm currently using an iMac (M1) as Roon Core, but I'd like to try a separate server.
Wow! We have the same Sforzato! The clock makes an big difference. Promised! Before the Panchanko I had the Rhein. The Rein is very good. The Panchanko even better. AND with Diretta. Before the Rhein I also used my Mac as ROON core. The step from the Mac to the Rhein was huge. The step from the Rhein to the Panchanko is as If you are going to another Playground! Yep! I am a huge Panchanko fan. The Dutch importer of Panchanko had the top model from them. Sounds awesome good. Same counts for the mini!

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
Without a doubt, any server over the Diretta protocol will have huge benefits if the end player supports Diretta, such as Sforzato, for example.
The clock also gives a greater improvement in SQ.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Without a doubt, any server over the Diretta protocol will have huge benefits if the end player supports Diretta, such as Sforzato, for example.
The clock also gives a greater improvement in SQ.
Did you directly compare Constellation Masterpiece USB output vs. Diretta output into the same DAC, maybe Sforzato or SPEC?
This is also a question for @pachankolabs :cool:
Thanks

Matt

Last edited:

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
I wanted to say that, under equal conditions of comparison, playback via the Diretta protocol is much better in comparison with standard UPnP / Open Home.
I have compared local storage Fidata SX20U playback on Sforzato DSP-010/030 over a carefully constructed network many times. In equal conditions SQ via Diretta and Open Home - the difference is very big.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I wanted to say that, under equal conditions of comparison, playback via the Diretta protocol is much better in comparison with standard UPnP / Open Home.
I have compared local storage Fidata SX20U playback on Sforzato DSP-010/030 over a carefully constructed network many times. In equal conditions SQ via Diretta and Open Home - the difference is very big.
Sorry, but this was not my point.
The question was direct USB out from the best Pachanko server vs. Diretta both with the same DAC.
Thanks again

Matt

pachankolabs

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2020
La Réunion
www.pachankolabs.com
Did you directly compare Constellation Masterpiece USB output vs. Diretta output into the same DAC, maybe Sforzato or SPEC?
This is also a question for @pachankolabs :cool:
Thanks

Matt
The Diretta protcol is better but needs a very good network implementation, we own the SPEC Diretta RMP-UB1EX. Also LAN cables, Switchs, USB cables can change everything so if you are not sure on what you did we recommend Masterpiece directly connected to USB DAC.

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
The Diretta protcol is better but needs a very good network implementation, we own the SPEC Diretta RMP-UB1EX. Also LAN cables, Switchs, USB cables can change everything so if you are not sure on what you did we recommend Masterpiece directly connected to USB DAC.
Pachanko is absolutely right.
The final result depends very much on all elements of the network, including ALL cables, switches and other "little things".
And the better the digital equipment, the greater this influence.
In the end, it all depends on the specific implementation.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I asked because with other top servers it seems to be:
The better the server the better is direct USB vs. a network solution :cool:

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: Billgates307

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I’m waiting for the Masterpiece since April, takes very long time at the moment. Has anyone received one recently?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing