MotoGP 2024 USA contract is with TNT Sports TruTV

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
Season started in Qatar yesterday. Today’s 11 lap sprint was won by Jorge Martin, picking up from his trend last year as the Sprint King.

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Michael Laverty and Silvain Guintoli are doing color commentary outside of the actual races. Suzi Perry is the host. Quality of the broadcast was high when light was good, but Qatar is unique in that racing is under lights at night. Low light video quality was just so so, but on the bright side (literally), the next race is in Portugal and it will be during daylight.

Bagnaia won again today. (Again referring to his championship for the 2023 season). The points after Qatar are Bagnaia 31, Binder 29, and Martin 28, so very close. Binder’s two seconds put him 1 point up on Martin’s 1st and 3rd.

Last edited:

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Patience, everything ends up on youtube no issues :)
Some folks prefer high definition and the suspense of the live event.

Other good options are to stream content (live or later on demand) via MAX, or directly through MotoGP. These options will generally also be higher quality than YouTube.

Folks who watch these races on YouTube after the fact can enjoy them I’m sure, but since TruTV is part of our regular package here, there’s no incentive to go the YouTube route in this neck of the woods.

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Actually find “highlights “ allows me to watch , f1 , MotoGP, most Premiere league , Spanish , et al in such short order it gives me time for all my other chores and duties like Cycling , blah, blah ..!

Special events i will watch live like Olympics, WC , finals etc ..

Difficult to impossible to make the time to see it all and play music too :)

Regards

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Actually find “highlights “ allows me to watch , f1 , MotoGP, most Premiere league , Spanish , et al in such short order it gives me time for all my other chores and duties like Cycling , blah, blah ..!

Special events i will watch live like Olympics, WC , finals etc ..

Difficult to impossible to make the time to see it all and play music too :)

Regards
The live feed is for the true fan of the particular activity. If one is a general “sports fan,” then highlights are a satisfying fix for nonessential sports thrown into the mix.

An actual serious benefit of the multi day, multi hour, live feed of the race weekend is the back stories, banter, and development of future participants. MotoGP, for example, cohabitates with Moto 2 and Moto 3, ( its developmental feeder programs). The qualifying rules change from year to year, so specific highlights change.

I think this is the 75th Anniversary of the start of the series with the 1949 Dutch TT (tourist trials, not turntable). So MotoGP (formerly Gran Prix motorcycle racing) and McIntosh share their post WWII birth years.

I’ve been following since the days of Giacomo Agostini and John Surtese (Surtese is still the only person to win formula level championships on both two wheels and four.

So …. the lack of enthusiasm in the US is a big factor in why no one typically carries it without a subscription. Typical good coverage is 12 or more hours on the race weekends (typically about 20 per year). Most in the US will turn to YouTube for a thin shmere. I posted the link for the latent fan who has given up. TNT Sports picking it up was an unexpected development.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing