Mikey seemed to really like this Integrated Amplifier!

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
My limited experience does not go in this sense. IMHO some speakers need as you say some conditioning for a significant time - I anticipate that some people will immediately conclude it is either my fault or the speaker was badly designed.
A mediocre speaker driver will need more of such "exercise", my HT speakers are a good example of such. But my friend has some very nice Naim speakers: same story, mediocre on first firing up, needs an hour or two to get the final sound. The worst offender is the tweeter arrangement, we are most sensitive to high frequency distortion, and nearly every crossover uses a capacitor to filter and protect this driver. Audiophiles obsess about warming up the capacitors in their electronics, but the only way to condition the tweeter capacitor is to hammer it hard with high frequency content.

Frank

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Missed that the first time 'round! I am indeed flattered, Tim ...

Frank

You're welcome Frank, but the bar is pretty low for the fidelity I require to respond emotionally to music.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing