Magico M7 2023

The question is if the M7 is allegedly much easier to drive, then why are dealers using DAG if it's allegedly not needed? Lots of mixed signaling here if you ask me.

• Haha
Reactions: Protegimus
I ve said it many times already .
If i was going all out commercially id ask manuel huber of FM acoustics for a system .
Otherwise it would be Rockport lyra kharma exquisite .

Or potentially The AG trio G3 i-tron with bass horn.

But somebody else can have a completely different opinion/ taste.
Thats why i always say go hear it for yourself , dont take somebody elses word for it .

Last edited:
If i was going all out commercially id ask manuel huber of FM acoustics for a system .

Thats why i always say go hear it for yourself , dont take somebody elses word for it .
Yeah, but you put out the video tease...

Thanks, other than our current system, I also would say:

- Rockport Arrakis (not heard Lyra)
- AG Trio G3 with dual space horns (but instinctively would keep the Robert Kodas)

Both of the above require a LOT more room and/or setup.

Arrakis is not commerciallly available anymore .

I ve never heard it
Yes, it is fantastic...and if available 2nd hand probably a steal at its price.

According to the dagostino rep. The impedance has a 2.6 ohm minimum.
Iirc.

Ok, more in line then with some previous Magico designs, it seems. No miracles in terms of low power requirements.

I can’t believe it. For such expensive speaker, they use such cheap plastic speaker binding posts.

I'm sure it's quantum-entangled, magneto-cryo treated plastic.

i would try relatively low cost CAT and ARC monos on those speakers .
If that doesnt work a liquid power monster like gryphon apex .
I m not sure a SET could drive them.to full capacity

While CAT amplification sounds great on Magico M Project speakers, it cannot drive them to full dynamic liveliness. CH Precision can.

I would expect the M7 to be at best marginally easier to drive. An impedance dip to 2.6 Ohm doesn't sound too appetizing for tube amplification.

SETs? Fuhgeddaboudit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing