Looking for best Pre-Amp to go with my DMA 200's

msm_1

Jun 20, 2010
I'm starting to finally getting around to setting up my system again after having redone my basement rec room. The system I was using before had a original SDR 1000, with my pair of DMA 200 amps, a cheaper Project phono amp running a VPI Scout ( Koetsu Jade and Black cartridges ) along with a Nakamichi Dragon deck. Switching between Apogee's and Von Schweikerts for speakers ( depending on listening mood )

I'm looking at getting a different Pre and am not sure whether to stay all Spectral, or go towards a different brand. As of now, I have been using balanced and would prefer to stay that way.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Mike,

From my own experience with my DMA 200 used in balanced mode, the DMC 20 series 1t was a fantastic match.
The combination sounded very alive, producing music that was very densely filled with details. This was the combination that convinced me to keep exploring Spectral products. As for partnering the DMA 200 with a preamp from another brand and using balanced interconnects, the Klyne system 7 is a very musical match. I find the klyne even more resolving of the information that has been recorded into the source but less resolving of the shape and boundaries of the soundstage.

Sam

msm_1

Jun 20, 2010
Thanks Sam
I'm looking into Klyne further, also Rowland's Corus ( which has 2 balanced outs, but not sure if phono is an option as with their cheaper model, Capri )

Thanks again Mike

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing