Lampizator Golden Gate upgrade?

kilervideo

Apr 17, 2023
Hi. It is possible to uprade 6 years old Lampizator Golden Gate or they no longer do it? It got the latest USB board JL SOUND USB.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Hi. It is possible to uprade 6 years old Lampizator Golden Gate or they no longer do it? It got the latest USB board JL SOUND USB.
It is possible AFAIK - ping Lampi directly or distro in the country you are located

Reactions: eskamobob1

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
What are You talking about? Did not get a world of it?
Ask yourself what did you ask initially and you will know what I'm talking about. If you don't like the answer just skip it and ask further

kilervideo

Apr 17, 2023
If it is possible I would like to know what are they changing? New Engine 11 or what else? I know it will cost.

eskamobob1

Jan 7, 2022
If it is possible I would like to know what are they changing? New Engine 11 or what else? I know it will cost.

They have the golden gate 3 currently. That will be the end of the line for the golden gate series but it uses the new engine and iirc a different input than the gg2 (but double check that second part).

kilervideo

Apr 17, 2023
They have the golden gate 3 currently. That will be the end of the line for the golden gate series but it uses the new engine and iirc a different input than the gg2 (but double check that second part).
Ok. So should I contact factory in Poland about upgrade?

• Sad
Reactions: dbeau

kilervideo

Apr 17, 2023
I would go through your local distributor and see what they say.
Thank You. But the problem it is the unit it is in Europe, so Lampizator Poland will be the most convenient. If You dont know I live in Australia. But can bring it back from Europe.

kilervideo

Apr 17, 2023
It is not easy to find used/demo model Lampizator with volume control. Can I use Lampizator output but use Anthem AVM70 volume control bypassing any procesing by Anthem? Any thoughs please reply.

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
Pass your Anthem the analog output from your DAC, and the volume control will work. I’m not familiar with that processor, but I have no doubt there is something like “Reference Stereo” mode where none of the DRC processing is performed.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018

I think this point needs a bit of clarification. It is not the case that GG3 is permanently frozen or at the end of product life.

Lukasz confirmed that:

(a) at the time of ordering, a Golden Gate (or Big 7 or Pacific) buyer can request any parts that may might be developed over time, whether now, or years from now (say, Engine 11 for example or a later developed digital engine that might be developed years from now, etc), assuming they are compatible; and

(b) If, after ordering, say 3 years later, wanted to send a GG for an upgrade to get some newer part, that will definitely be possible.

So at the time of ordering a Legacy DAC, you'd just contact Lampi and tell them what, if any, upgrades or modifications you want. They just won't be actively implementing new developments.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing