LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

ronfint

Oct 29, 2012
Michigan
users.math.msu.edu
Yes, indeed! Also sounding sublime with the Sophia 274b and GZ480 recti. A Marconi U50/80 recti is up next in the rotation.

Phonatix and Ron, what rectifier are you running with your F2a's?

For burn-in, I let the F2a's play for 3 days while I was traveling working on an FDA submission and they sounded wonderful upon return and that didn't change for the following weeks. If they live 10,000 hours in a hard-driven amp circuit, they should live a long and privileged life in the TRP.
I'm glad that others are also finding that the F2a's are great tubes in the TRP. They are definitely worth the price. For several months now, I've been using a Spanish Marconi U50/80 as rectifier. I like that tube a lot. Also the GZ480 is terrific with the F2a's. I haven't done any more experimenting than that. If the WE 274B is reissued, it will be worth trying. I'm also interested in what others are using.

Last edited:

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
Yes, indeed! Also sounding sublime with the Sophia 274b and GZ480 recti. A Marconi U50/80 recti is up next in the rotation.

For burn-in, I let the F2a's play for 3 days while I was traveling working on an FDA submission and they sounded wonderful upon return and that didn't change for the following weeks. If they live 10,000 hours in a hard-driven amp circuit, they should live a long and privileged life in the TRP.
...a small selection of my recti collection... I don't think there's a best one. It's always a question of the overall system, which preferences you have and what exactly you want to tweak. Ultimately - for me - there are just good, very good, uber fantastic and crappy rectifiers. + Price does not necessarily have to define quality… Hunt a nice toob, buy, try and have fun to play the game E44BF4E9-B96B-4346-BFE3-C69FDC455337.jpeg A1FD62B3-2709-4FF1-B91E-ABB3C00B721D.jpeg

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

long and privileged life in the TRP - that for sure.
3 days? That does not seem like a long time. Did you notice any difference between the 3rd day and now?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Hi,

I am curious if anyone has experience or thoughts on how an original Golden Atlantic (R2R with upgraded JL usb module), would compare to the newer base model Atlantic 2 TRP?

I am ready to try out Lampizator, but I am torn between these two options (the original GA option is a second-hand unit, whereas the Atlantic 2 TRP would be purchased new).

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Hi,

I am curious if anyone has experience or thoughts on how an original Golden Atlantic (R2R with upgraded JL usb module), would compare to the newer base model Atlantic 2 TRP?

I am ready to try out Lampizator, but I am torn between these two options (the original GA option is a second-hand unit, whereas the Atlantic 2 TRP would be purchased new).
Heard both and there is a significant uplift in SQ from original GA to GA2 TRP. Would not think for a second which one to choose...

Reactions: Blake

Wjhen

Oct 21, 2019
Look what I found in the mailbox today.... Brand new matched pair NOS Siemens F2a...Waiting on the F2a to EL34 adpaters. They ship from China. Can take a while. Very curious how these F2a's hold up against Tesla El51 and Western Electric 350B. Will report back once I receive my adapters.

Attachments

• F2a.jpg
    F2a.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 1

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Heard both and there is a significant uplift in SQ from original GA to GA2 TRP. Would not think for a second which one to choose...

Thanks for the input. The Atlantic 2 TRP would be the cheapest base model, rather than the GA 2 TRP. In that case would your opinion remain the same?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
There is no “base” model. GA+ is different mainly in cosmetics and i believe diff output caps. So in nutshell just grab it. While awaiting for the Horizon i’m at this very moment enjoying TRP ;)

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Thanks for the input. The Atlantic 2 TRP would be the cheapest base model, rather than the GA 2 TRP. In that case would your opinion remain the same?

Don’t know where you’re looking, but on HiFi Shark the available GA is several years old. But if you found a souped up TRP, that’s another matter.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Don’t know where you’re looking, but on HiFi Shark the available GA is several years old. But if you found a souped up TRP, that’s another matter.
Knowing Lampizator, they would be more than happy to restore and upgrade older products. That's an interesting option if the price is right.

Reactions: findog

HungarianPal

Jul 18, 2020
Hungary
Knowing Lampizator, they would be more than happy to restore and upgrade older products. That's an interesting option if the price is right.
And the buyer of a used Lapizator product has the opportunity to get the device shipped by the seller to Lampizator Poland first, where they thoroughly check it FOR FREE and then they ship it to the buyer. This shows how courteous they are even toward custumers of used Lampi.

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
Hi,

Had an original GA and swapped to TRP. TRP sounds massively better. If you should decide to buy one don’t miss to order it incl. vol crtl.

Attachments

• 3AC8EA71-217C-414E-A681-F82FDF47A55D.jpeg
    3AC8EA71-217C-414E-A681-F82FDF47A55D.jpeg
    445.1 KB · Views: 25

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the input on my questions on the GA v.1 versus the Atlantic TRP. This is helpful info. I bought a second-hand GA and it will arrive at the factory in Poland this week. I was contemplating upgrades or possible trade-in for a TRP while my unit is at the factory, hence my questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Thanks for the input on my questions on the GA v.1 versus the Atlantic TRP. This is helpful info. I bought a second-hand GA and it will arrive at the factory in Poland this week. I was contemplating upgrades or possible trade-in for a TRP while my unit is at the factory, hence my questions.
Do it while its there...you'll thank us later

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
This is the best time to upgrade to a remote VC TRP ;)

Reactions: Blake and Phon@ix

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
And the buyer of a used Lapizator product has the opportunity to get the device shipped by the seller to Lampizator Poland first, where they thoroughly check it FOR FREE and then they ship it to the buyer. This shows how courteous they are even toward custumers of used Lampi.
@HungarianPal they provide excellent customer service, and I really like them on a personal level. If you have any opportunity, I'd recommend talking to them. They are approachable and down-to-earth folks. What is the best upgrade you can get at Lampizator? I've seen some people suggesting the volume control as a must-have.

Reactions: findog

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Assuming the DAC has the JL Sounds usb module, is usb the best sounding input on the Lampi DAC, or would things further improve using something like the Denafrips Gaia DDC (usb in to the Gaia, and spdif input to the DAC)?

To be clear, I am not looking or asking for any theoretical technical answers, but rather whether some in this thread have experimented with the different inputs on the DAC and subjectively noticed an improvement to the sound using a DDC vs. straight in usb to the JLSound-equipped DAC?

DDC's have improved all my prior DAC's so I am wondering if this will hold true with Lampizator with JL Sounds usb module.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Assuming the DAC has the JL Sounds usb module, is usb the best sounding input on the Lampi DAC, or would things further improve using something like the Denafrips Gaia DDC (usb in to the Gaia, and spdif input to the DAC)?

To be clear, I am not looking or asking for any theoretical technical answers, but rather whether some in this thread have experimented with the different inputs on the DAC and subjectively noticed an improvement to the sound using a DDC vs. straight in usb to the JLSound-equipped DAC?

DDC's have improved all my prior DAC's so I am wondering if this will hold true with Lampizator with JL Sounds usb module.
You obviously still own that DDC and will be able to compare the DDC into the spdif of the TRP vs. directly spdif into your TRP vs. USB into your TRP and also vs. AES/EBU into the TRP if you are inclined to do so

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

@Blake good question. I've always heard positive change after using DDC, or other digital signal conditioning, so I'm keen to see what Lampizator users think about that. Besides DDC, are there any other digital tweaks you are using?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
@Blake good question. I've always heard positive change after using DDC, or other digital signal conditioning, so I'm keen to see what Lampizator users think about that. Besides DDC, are there any other digital tweaks you are using?
Which DDC in particular are you referring to?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing