LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Funny meeting you here! ;)

Im new here to the forum. I just pulled the trigger on my own TRP after spending ten days with it in my home. I hated it giving it back,but I will have my own soon! Super happy!
Congrats for the decision to become TRP owner and welcome to this small community with quite significant knowledge base about Lampi DACs and tubes. Guess you can find many answers regarding tube rolling here. Several top ones (so far) have been identified so your tube games can begin :). My suggestion would be to order RK recti from Lampi to arrive with your TRP and recti wise you would be settled for looong time. Second one would be USAF 596 (or maybe first choice:p)...for output ones just play and enjoy the process - get in touch with Al and I’m sure he can help you with those;).

Cheers

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Yep,def stocking up from that list. Fred did mention some hesitation on the GZ32 though. I dont believe we ever got around to establishing its viability one way or the other.

Im just starting to wrap my brain around the GOTL tube options,and now have to start all over with TRP. o_O
LOL :D
I also have it figured out for the Pacific and now the fun starts all over again with the TRP :p
At least the pentodes for the TRP are (much?) more affordable than the DHTs for the Pacific/GG ;)
But then again stocking up on both types for each DAC does NOT make it any cheaper at all :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
@ronfint wise man :cool:.
BTW you’re welcome :D:D

Reactions: ronfint

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
It's good that GEC KT66 can still be found.

I had a Woo headphone amp. The best valve for it was a GEC 6080. It just beat everything else by quite a margin.

Good company, GEC.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Reactions: Monsterzero and fbs

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
96EEDB75-AD79-4530-9DBB-D877C38BE780.jpeg

Yesterday I dreamed of Indiana, today I looked at my TRP and recognized some differences, marvelous first impression, no clue about the brand, but looking :cool::cool:

Reactions: Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
View attachment 55142

Yesterday I dreamed of Indiana, today I looked at my TRP and recognized some differences, marvelous first impression, no clue about the brand, but looking :cool::cool:
Glad to hear that impression was good and the advise in right direction.
Could you pls elaborate on the sonic diff vs previous tubes you liked?

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
With the KR/Genalex combo I recognized that musicality, 3D Mapping and dynamic even evolved more over the previous few weeks, really great return for my invest. With the let‘s call it holy grail upgrade, I recognized immediately, that the pushy trend felt off completely. Don‘t take me wrong, it‘s the small step towards a great imagination. The presentation becomes more mature, relaxed on an even high level, musicality flows.

Second Impression: The depiction on the lower octaves is great. Details improve as well, like a thin veil was pulled away. :D:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Golum

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
It's good that GEC KT66 can still be found.

I had a Woo headphone amp. The best valve for it was a GEC 6080. It just beat everything else by quite a margin.

Good company, GEC.
Are the GEC 6080 drop-in compatible with the KT66?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Reactions: christoph

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

Shredder

Feb 21, 2017
Hey. I just placed my order for the TRP upgrade on my Atalntic (Plus, Balanced, DSD only, DSD512). Very excited.

This is a great thread. very helpful on tube choices.

So, for cost reasons, and based on the recommendations in this thread, I am thinking about ordering quads of the EH 6ca7 and the Genalex KT77. I can get both quads for less than one of the Brimars and way way less than the GECs. My only concern is that from the descriptions in this thread, it seems they may have very similar sounds. If so, not much point in getting both. So, I would love to hear your thoughts on the similarities and differences. And, if you have another tube that you recommend instead of one of these (and that is in a similar price range), I would love to hear about that.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Reactions: gestalt

Shredder

Feb 21, 2017
So, in addition to my previous question, I was wondering if anyone had heard the Genalex KT66. I know the consensus best tube is the GEC KT66 and was wondering if the Genalex version compared.

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Genalex and GEC were the same company. Unless you are talking about the new production Russian Gold Lions?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing