Krelles system with SMT room treatment!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Very nice! The transparent ones are really nice looking diffusers and very effective. Im looking forward to see some pictures later. Say hi from me to Matts. Are you going all in, SMT style?

Best regards Krelle

Not at the moment ... but we will see. Matts will be visiting me and 2 of my friends tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. Should be fun !

I just got my diffusers ... they are still in a protective film. They will be transparent after the film is removed.

Attachments

• SMT transparent 3.jpg
    SMT transparent 3.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,871
  • SMT transparent 1.jpg
    SMT transparent 1.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 2,331
  • SMT transparent 2.jpg
    SMT transparent 2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 2,200

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Thank you very much for the pictures. Very nice to see your room. I met Matts at the highend show in Stockholm this weekend. Always nice to talk to him! He showed me some new produkts. Did you hear any improvements with the wings in place?

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
image.jpg

I got this cd yesterday. Its the Supreme Session from Marten. This cd is recorded in their SMT studio/room and now Im listening in My own SMT room. The sound is very natural and lifelike. I espesually like the second song, its like They are Playing in the room. The drums sounds great and the tenorsax too.

Krelle

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
image.jpg

I recently bought some platinum shm and shm records from cd-Japan. First up is Oscar Peterson. I compared it with the recording from Fim, k2hd. The platinum is much more calm, no noice in the background but a little bit soft, less punchy than the Fim recording. Its still a very good recording in My opinion but I choose the Fim, I think its better even if it has more background noice. Krelle

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
image.jpg I really like the early stuff from Judas priest. This record and the live album unleashed in the East are My favorits. I have never heard this record better(on cd) but as always with this kind of music the bass is lacking. krelle

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
image.jpg

Hiromi is a live recording in platinum shm and Monica Zetterlund is a shm recording. These two has high quality sound. Hiromi is a livealbum, really crazy, beautiful jazz, sometimes on steroids. This music makes me happy. A Young Monica Z Sings really good on this record. Very high quality music. Krelle

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
What is the height ?

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
image.jpg

Here They are in place on the floor. I also have flower-wings on the floor(the dark ones) I got more punch, detail with these in place. Voices gets more lifelike. I like it Alot.This was a big upgrade for me.I hope the picture is not upsidedown:). Krelle

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hi Krelle, thank you again for receiving me at your home. You got an A+ for both your acoustic and system installation! You should have a third A for having been able to integrate this in an appartment building!

All the best!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
You may want to post your impressions in a separate TotalDAC thread.

Why did you pushed the woofers into the corners ? Do you use digital X-over / room correction ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing