Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
The Boston Globe one and one half stars

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's a shame as I was really looking forward to a good SciFi this year. Steve, are you still going to see it?

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Movie reviewer on Fox said stay away from it and Seventh Son

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Most reviews are not favorable. I will wait for the blu-ray or Netflix. Still I do want to see it.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I don't get why the "seeders" have pointy ears and humans don't. It's like, lets make 'em exactly like us but leave the pointy out. That or over the millennia the pointy-ness just got bred out. Huh? It's just a useless distraction and an unoriginal one at that.

Tatum doesn't feel like a good casting choice. Especially a Vulcan-ey Tatum with eyeliner.

I'm just basing this of the trailer! Well, I didn't like the trailer of Edge of Tomorrow either but it turned out worth watching. I'll probably go see it just to see what the W brothers did. My boy is adamant so it should be fun regardless.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I don't get why the "seeders" have pointy ears and humans don't. It's like, lets make 'em exactly like us but leave the pointy out. That or over the millennia the pointy-ness just got bred out. Huh? It's just a useless distraction and an unoriginal one at that.

Tatum doesn't feel like a good casting choice. Especially a Vulcan-ey Tatum with eyeliner.

I'm just basing this of the trailer! Well, I didn't like the trailer of Edge of Tomorrow either but it turned out worth watching. I'll probably go see it just to see what the W brothers did. My boy is adamant so it should be fun regardless.

Maybe a concept thing to differentiate, remember how Matrix was slightly greener when in the system compared to when out of it.
Still I think a fair few will bash them just because of the Matrix trilogy, which ironically had some of the most stunning real stunts ever done without CGI (such as the motorway bike chase and going wrong way down the highway; was filmed if I remember at around 50mph for the vehicles each direction so seriously careful timing for the woman stunt rider at the oncoming cars and heavy trucks - that scene won an award at the annual stunt awards).
Appreciate CGI was probably used for jumping off the truck carrying the motorbikes, but not the actual chase.

Cheers
Orb

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews coming in have either been "love it" or "hate it" - friends who watched it over the weekend, all loved it - most are from the geeky game industry - and criticism has been more of the the critics that panned it - the accusation being that they no longer know how to review anything original (a movie that's not based on a book or isn't a remake) anymore.

Some of liked the versatility of the female protagonist - that she could kick ass (self-rescuing princess) when she had to but also pandered to male egos by letting herself be rescued. Some only saw the number of times she had to be rescued and hated that part of the movie while mainly enjoying the ride.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks Carol. I will definitely get the Blu-ray for the visual imagery. The new trailers is out and it too looks amazing on that front.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing