J Sikora Turntable Tweaks

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
J Sikora appears to have thought of everything to make their turntable systems sound amazing. I own a j Sikora Stsndard Max. I wonder if anyone has found any tweaks that improve their turntable system’s performance?
Anyone else have any ideas, suggestions, or experiences?

Last edited:

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
Anybody have ideas to deal with extra static electricity?
I use a ZeroStat gun and that works well.
Sometimes I have the static cling phenomena occur after the Lp is played. I used ZeroStat before playing and vacuumed the record before playing. After playing sometimes the Lp is stuck to the platter. A few ZeroStat zaps and it’s gone but it’s very strange that the static builds up again so quickly.
I’ve never had static build up so quickly on any turntable before.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I’ve never seen it solved this kind of static issue but to be on the safe side you can ground turntable’s bearing/platter.

I recommend you to ultrasonically clean your records, never brush record on the platter, use zerostat while holding record in your hand and brush before zerostat.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
These tables sound so good that I wonder how effective tweaks will be…maybe a mat or record weight helps? Active isolation?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
These tables sound so good that I wonder how effective tweaks will be…maybe a mat or record weight helps? Active isolation?
The J Sikora Record Weight is great - came with ours and it definitely doesn’t need a mat. Ours had Albedo cables. So put on a good Sikora arm and an Opus 1 Cart and enjoy.

Reactions: No Regrets and Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The J Sikora Record Weight is great - came with ours and it definitely doesn’t need a mat. Ours had Albedo cables. So put on a good Sikora arm and an Opus 1 Cart and enjoy.
The machining of the weight has been on Instagram so I am not surprised. Looks solid as a rock.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Solid as a rock is 100% correct. The whole system is great IMO.

IMG_0926.jpeg

BR549

Dec 3, 2019
I have the Reference and love it. While it's expensive, I have the DSAudio Ionizer that works better than anything I've tried for static - I never got the results I wanted from ZeroStat. I also put the new CMS Ultra TT footers under the Reference and that really lifted the Sound Quality (although I have a quite low tech rack, so anything there was likely to be expected).

BR549

Dec 3, 2019
Also, I upgraded to the Reference power supply which also made a huge difference (which I will never understand since a TT power supply literally just powers the motor, but there you go).

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
Thanks,
I replaced the linear power supply with one from Linear Tube Audio. Wow. Very nice.
Dr. Vinyl is ordering me a DS Audio Ionizer. I’m expecting great things!

Reactions: Lee

BR549

Dec 3, 2019
Yes, I also made a stop at the Linear Tube Audio power supply and then made the unfortunate mistake of trying the Sikora Reference ps. Several thousand dollars later ....

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Hi Joe, I love the Opus one as well!. I heard it recently on a Basis Transcendence turntable with a 12.5" Superarm. Simply the best analog I have ever heard in 50 years of spinning vinyl.

Steve, when spending time with JR Bosclair at CAF he spoke highly of the DS Audio Eccentricity Stabilizer. To me this device makes all the sense in the world for those of us that have a big investment in analog rigs. Every record I have ever owned has some degree of being off center so if this works as advertised...........

zermatt

Oct 5, 2010
wash dc
I know some one who found the base was highly charged with magnetic energy due to he believes its Iron. He working to demagnetize it. And someone found a using a different motors and battery power supply to be a major improvement.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Do people use the clamp o-ring on your j.sikora turntables? I have found that with thinner records that aren’t completely flat, using the clamp without the o-ring causes the LP to warp quite a bit.

I think I am going to use it for all LPs for a while to see how I like the sound.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Do people use the clamp o-ring on your j.sikora turntables? I have found that with thinner records that aren’t completely flat, using the clamp without the o-ring causes the LP to warp quite a bit.

I think I am going to use it for all LPs for a while to see how I like the sound.

How does the Sikora compare to the NVS?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
How does the Sikora compare to the NVS?

I really like what I am hearing but it is too early for me to make a full assessment. I need to listen to a lot of other LPs. I am using the same arm and cartridge so the TT is really the only change.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing