iPad2: how much memory?

Tim, my Dad used to do that and then he had trouble sleeping. Advice I hear is to not use the bedroom for activity other than sleeping (OK, there is one other thing we won't talk about :p ). Psychologically then the brain thinks you are supposed to go to sleep when you go there. Just thought I mention that :).

I can't make up my mind but saving money is a Good Thing right now so I won't get any of them.

By all accounts the basic B/W versions have much higher contrast and much longer battery life for basic reading. Color implies magazines, then games and videos, at which point you might as well get one of the tablets out there. I have never been fond of trying to watch a movie on a tiny little screen.
I think the mainstream device for reading is definitely the Kindle like device. I got my wife one of those last year with the case that has an LED light and she loves it. The tablet she wants is for more occasional use when the pictures in the book matter.

Tim, my Dad used to do that and then he had trouble sleeping. Advice I hear is to not use the bedroom for activity other than sleeping (OK, there is one other thing we won't talk about :p ). Psychologically then the brain thinks you are supposed to go to sleep when you go there. Just thought I mention that :).

I wonder if that works in reverse. Now days I seem to falll asleep everywhere except the bedroom.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing