IP-enabled home water meter?

wgscott

Sep 1, 2011
CA (USA)
We have a well pump, so we don't have a utility-supplied water meter. I would like to install an IP-enabled home meter. Can anyone recommend one?

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Monument, CO

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Monument, CO
One thing to check when on a well is how much flow resistance is added. You don't have a lot of pressure to begin with (at least we don't). The zero-resistance/contactless/high-flow models are better than the more intrusive (like old, old impeller) sensors.

wgscott

Sep 1, 2011
CA (USA)
Read about EKM a while back but don't really know anything more about them.

http://www.ekmmetering.com/ekm-metering-products/water-meters.html?gclid=CJiQ4828isUCFVKUfgoduB8AnA

Elster is another company but I don't know if they make them for private consumers or just municipalities.

I could use one of these so am interested to see what your research reveals. Also on a well, tired of trudging out in the snow to read the meter in winter (have to report usage to the county).
This one looks promising, and I didn't find it with my own search. Many thanks for the link.

I'm surprised these things aren't more popular.

wgscott

Sep 1, 2011
CA (USA)
One thing to check when on a well is how much flow resistance is added. You don't have a lot of pressure to begin with (at least we don't). The zero-resistance/contactless/high-flow models are better than the more intrusive (like old, old impeller) sensors.
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing