Introducing the Wilson Audio Duette Series 2!!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Introducing Duette Series 2!!

http://youtu.be/Zzbu_S6-OVI

In 2006, Wilson Audio designed Duette to be a problem solver, a speaker that could be comfortably installed in a wide variety of difficult environments. With Duette Series 2, our design mandate was simpler: create the best compact speaker. Period. While still most at home in near-boundary installations, the Series 2 has been simplified, it's essence distilled into a purer, performance-oriented form. Introducing Duette Series 2.

Duette Series-2 at a glance:

• The Duette Series-2’s tweeter performance is enhanced by the inclusion of the rear wave chamber from Wilson’s Convergent Synergy Tweeter. The rear tweeter baffle is borrowed from the Alexia version of Wilson’s CST design. The wave chamber substantially reduces chamber-born diffraction. Reducing these artifacts greatly lowers the noise floor, and results in higher treble resolution. Detail naturally emerges from a grainless, black background.

• The Series-2 features an all new cabinet. The primary goal was to greatly enhance the time-domain performance of Duette. The front baffle is angled at approximately 10° to align the tweeter and the woofer. Additionally, the main body of the cabinet is now built entirely out of Wilson’s proprietary composite, X-material, including the internal bracing. The baffle is built from Wilson’s newest composite, S-material. This combination has proven to yield the best combination of resonance control and beautiful tonality.

• The design has been simplified. The goal was to substantially increase Duette’s performance in the most commonly used applications. Duette is now fully optimized for vertical placement only, eschewing the need for the Magnepods® imbedded in the enclosure. Instead, receptacles in the bottom of the Series-2 take a specially designed diode foot, and facilitate its attachment to the new dedicated stand.

• The New Series-2 Dedicated Stand seamlessly integrates the separate Novel crossover, and provides captive dressing for the umbilical. Greater attention has been paid to the draining of resonances away from the Duette—the Duette Series-2 is bolted directly to the stand.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
So they only work with the dedicated stand? Does this mean the ear level can only be at a fixed level?

Any chance they can be used in a professional environment over a console?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Introducing Duette Series 2!!

http://youtu.be/Zzbu_S6-OVI

In 2006, Wilson Audio designed Duette to be a problem solver, a speaker that could be comfortably installed in a wide variety of difficult environments. With Duette Series 2, our design mandate was simpler: create the best compact speaker. Period. While still most at home in near-boundary installations, the Series 2 has been simplified, it's essence distilled into a purer, performance-oriented form. Introducing Duette Series 2.

Duette Series-2 at a glance:

• The Duette Series-2’s tweeter performance is enhanced by the inclusion of the rear wave chamber from Wilson’s Convergent Synergy Tweeter. The rear tweeter baffle is borrowed from the Alexia version of Wilson’s CST design. The wave chamber substantially reduces chamber-born diffraction. Reducing these artifacts greatly lowers the noise floor, and results in higher treble resolution. Detail naturally emerges from a grainless, black background.

• The Series-2 features an all new cabinet. The primary goal was to greatly enhance the time-domain performance of Duette. The front baffle is angled at approximately 10° to align the tweeter and the woofer. Additionally, the main body of the cabinet is now built entirely out of Wilson’s proprietary composite, X-material, including the internal bracing. The baffle is built from Wilson’s newest composite, S-material. This combination has proven to yield the best combination of resonance control and beautiful tonality.

• The design has been simplified. The goal was to substantially increase Duette’s performance in the most commonly used applications. Duette is now fully optimized for vertical placement only, eschewing the need for the Magnepods® imbedded in the enclosure. Instead, receptacles in the bottom of the Series-2 take a specially designed diode foot, and facilitate its attachment to the new dedicated stand.

• The New Series-2 Dedicated Stand seamlessly integrates the separate Novel crossover, and provides captive dressing for the umbilical. Greater attention has been paid to the draining of resonances away from the Duette—the Duette Series-2 is bolted directly to the stand.

I quite liked the Duettes! Especially with tubes. Thanks for the post!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
So they only work with the dedicated stand? Does this mean the ear level can only be at a fixed level?

Any chance they can be used in a professional environment over a console?

The Duette Series 2 can be purchased with or without the stand. If purchased with a stand, the cross over is intigrated into the stand in a seamless way.

I think it looks a lot more refined and elegant than series 1, but my favorite part of the Duette line is how they are built specifically for hostile environments. The Duette is actually
built specifically to be close to boundaries. If you want the speakers oit from the wall - get Sophia's :)

Debby

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Debby,

They look great!

Any specs available yet?

No specs yet, sorry. When we have them, I will make sure to let you know! :)

Thank you all - it's been an exciting day! Been waiting to share for awhile now ;)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Congrats once again to WA Debs

Is the new tweeter the same as used in the Alexia and XLF

No, not the same tweeter as the Alexia. They used a lot of the same technology from the Alexia tweeter, and incorporated it into the Duette tweeter. But they are not the same!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
NEW VIDEO ON DUETTE SERIES 2!!

Duette Series-2 and Hostile Environments

"Duette is a unique product in the audio world: a loudspeaker engineered to provide state of the art audiophile performance in installations typically anathema to good sound, namely when the speaker must be placed near a wall, either on stands or in a bookshelf or cabinet. Now Duette Series 2 further refines and perfects that objective, with features such as a new stand with an integrated crossover, new cabinet design and bracing for better resonance control, and tweeter technology derived from Alexia. The designers and engineers responsible for Duette Series 2 illustrate these features in this in-depth video introduction."

http://youtu.be/uNsN_P3AQJQ

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Debby

Are you going to have the Duette 2 at the Newport show next weekend?

Sorry, Chuck! I didn't see your question. As you know, the Duette 2 was not at Newport. However, I do believe that they will be at RMAF (and so will I!)

Also, I am trying to put together a "Wilson's Owners Party" at RMAF. Catered food, listening session with David Wilson, and some other goodies. I will let you know more when I get some of the details worked out.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Thanks Deb

I love those robin blue colored Duettes

I believe they are actually "Tiffany's Blue" (we did a few pair of Sasha's and an X2 in the same color). Let me find a photo of a pair of Sasha's in that color. Most people would have thought that the color could not work anywhere... oh they DO!

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
LOVE this set-up (but I am a girl... so I am sure my tastes differ than most others here ;) )

EverestAudio.jpg

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
I think the color is gorgeous and looks so elegant with the matching stands

Coming from a woman's perspective - I feel they have a high WAF (but I am also a Wilson ;) )

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Here is the Duette Series 2 Press Release:

Duette 2 Press Release 1.jpg Duette 2 Press Release 2.jpg Duette 2 Press Release 3.jpg Duette 2 Press Release 4.jpg Duette 2 Press Release 5.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing