Interconnects - Ansuz?

Griff500

Apr 10, 2021
I thought I'd post this in it's own thread.

I'm looking into whether upgrading interconnects could improve what is already a fantastic sounding system. I am currently using Belden 8760 XLR interconnects from my DAVE to my active speakers (ATC SCM40A) but I am curious about what difference, if any, other interconnects might make. I think the cables I have are excellent for the money, which was next to nothing.

I'm using Ansuz distribution and power cables (C2) and I'm tempted to try the Ansuz XLR interconnects. A2 and C2 are available at a price I'm comfortable with. Has anyone tried these? Alternative suggestions? Or perhaps what I have is not going to be bettered and money would be better spent elsewhere.

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
I thought I'd post this in it's own thread.

I'm looking into whether upgrading interconnects could improve what is already a fantastic sounding system. I am currently using Belden 8760 XLR interconnects from my DAVE to my active speakers (ATC SCM40A) but I am curious about what difference, if any, other interconnects might make. I think the cables I have are excellent for the money, which was next to nothing.

I'm using Ansuz distribution and power cables (C2) and I'm tempted to try the Ansuz XLR interconnects. A2 and C2 are available at a price I'm comfortable with. Has anyone tried these? Alternative suggestions? Or perhaps what I have is not going to be bettered and money would be better spent elsewhere.
I had C2 in my system - both XLR Zane RCA. Replaced Furutech Flex and Cardas Clear Beyond. In my system this was a big improvement, not as big as the power cables, but very positive - more detail, bass and extended highs. Not bright or fatiguing with my then Vitus, Sonas Faber System that needed opening out as a little too dark and rich.
so like all cables, a little system dependent.
if you are in the UK, Lotus Hifi has a used 2 m XLR c2 in his pre-owned.
good luck with your changes

Griff500

Apr 10, 2021
I had C2 in my system - both XLR Zane RCA. Replaced Furutech Flex and Cardas Clear Beyond. In my system this was a big improvement, not as big as the power cables, but very positive - more detail, bass and extended highs. Not bright or fatiguing with my then Vitus, Sonas Faber System that needed opening out as a little too dark and rich.
so like all cables, a little system dependent.
if you are in the UK, Lotus Hifi has a used 2 m XLR c2 in his pre-owned.
good luck with your changes
Thanks.

I can also get A2 for about £1K less but I'm inclined to stick with C2.

At this stage it's a question of adding more power cables or interconnects first. I'll soon have 3 power cables and I'm leaning toward using them the amps in the active speakers and to the distributor, although I could use the 2 amp cables for components instead. I'm guessing I should upgrade power cables for amps ahead of components.

What did you replace your C2 interconnects with?

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
Thanks.

I can also get A2 for about £1K less but I'm inclined to stick with C2.

At this stage it's a question of adding more power cables or interconnects first. I'll soon have 3 power cables and I'm leaning toward using them the amps in the active speakers and to the distributor, although I could use the 2 amp cables for components instead. I'm guessing I should upgrade power cables for amps ahead of components.

What did you replace your C2 interconnects with?
C2 is much better than A2.

I only changed my Ansuz interconnects as I made a big upgrade of my system with Tidal:- Piano G2, Prisma, Impulse and changed my interconnects to Tara Labs Muse.

I could easily have stayed with the Ansuz.

good luck

Reactions: Griff500

Griff500

Apr 10, 2021
C2 is much better than A2.

I only changed my Ansuz interconnects as I made a big upgrade of my system with Tidal:- Piano G2, Prisma, Impulse and changed my interconnects to Tara Labs Muse.

I could easily have stayed with the Ansuz.

good luck
Maybe I'll give them a go.

I also saw a DTC power cable but it looks too cheap at 3,200 EUR.

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
I saw that also.
Looks cheap, but the model has been superseded.
Huge depreciation....but the DTC would make a huge improvement between the wall and the Mainz8.

Griff500

Apr 10, 2021
Monumental depreciation. I wonder if it's still 'better' than a C2 as a primary cable into the distributor.

I'm thinking power cables ahead of interconnects but I am tempted to try the C2 XLR cables.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
I have an Ansuz C2 PC from the wall outlet to the Mainz8 with A2 PCs from the Mainz8 to the EMM Labs DV2 and JL Audio CR1. I have a C2 XLR from my DV2 to the CR1 that was clearly an improvement. But the power system (Mainz8 and PCs) made the biggest difference system wide.

Reactions: Griff500

felix01

Feb 5, 2017
hello,
i see you have some ansuz in your set up;i am quest new to ansuz and have allready some xlr cable and powercord C .Know i am thinking about a mainz 8 D with PC. I am wondering if it would be an improvement to the shunyata triton v1 what i have know?Any idea about it?

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
hello,
i see you have some ansuz in your set up;i am quest new to ansuz and have allready some xlr cable and powercord C .Know i am thinking about a mainz 8 D with PC. I am wondering if it would be an improvement to the shunyata triton v1 what i have know?Any idea about it?
I've never heard the Shunyata Triton V1, but the Mainz8 DTC I installed made an obvious improvement in the sound. I had previously used the Nordost Quantum Qx4 which is not nearly as revealing as the Mainz8.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing