If you're in Spokane, stop by!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Hi guys, as much as I'm meaning to make it to a meeting over in Seattle, I thought I should put it out that I'd be happy to have a visitor anytime someone's in town. I'm mostly available, fairly open schedule.

For me it would be a lot of fun to introduce someone to the sound I'm working on. I believe anyone will appreciate what I believe is about the finest 15 watts out there.

I can play either vinyl or CD. I likely have at least one thing you've heard among my smaller collection. (Classical and pop)

Anyway, shoot me a PM if you're coming through.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I'll do it! Next visit to town... Spokane is my hometown and I still have family & friends there, though since moving to Portland (from Seattle) I visit less—a couple more hours windshield time to get there. Makes a morning jaunt into more of an all day drive. What part of town are you in?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I am unlikely to be in the area but as a a child who grew up with Hollywood westerns here in the UK your mention of Spokane brings those times back to me.
I am sure though it is a very different place now.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi guys, as much as I'm meaning to make it to a meeting over in Seattle, I thought I should put it out that I'd be happy to have a visitor anytime someone's in town. I'm mostly available, fairly open schedule.

For me it would be a lot of fun to introduce someone to the sound I'm working on. I believe anyone will appreciate what I believe is about the finest 15 watts out there.

I can play either vinyl or CD. I likely have at least one thing you've heard among my smaller collection. (Classical and pop)

Anyway, shoot me a PM if you're coming through.

i'm in the Seattle area, but in North Bend just 20 miles over Snoqualmie Pass on I-90....about a 4 hour drive from you. and you would not have to enter the danger zone around the Seattle metro to visit.

I'd love to do a home and home visit with you sometime. and if you drive over bring my friend Cyrus with you who also lives in Spokane.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Mike, that's good to know. Perhaps we can set something up near future. Would Cyrus be an audiophile?

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I have great memories of my time as a youth in Spokane (Cheney area). I expect to visit the Pacific Northwest within a year or two and will visit Spokane.

rich121

Dec 10, 2017
Washington State
New member of PNAS, live in Yakima and will have system pulled out of storage soon :)

I do visit Spokane from time to time and would like very much to meet a fellow music lover.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello Rich! Welcome to the What's Best Forum.

Tom

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
New member of PNAS, live in Yakima and will have system pulled out of storage soon :)

I do visit Spokane from time to time and would like very much to meet a fellow music lover.

hi Rich,

welcome to WBF!

i'm over near Seattle in North Bend (much closer to you than Spokane) and you are welcome to visit here too.

best regards,

Mike

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

Let me know!

rich121

Dec 10, 2017
Washington State

rich121

Dec 10, 2017
Washington State
Hello Mike,

You may have seen my earlier reply to your post... I tried to edit it using my phone and it was deleted, oops

My name is Rick, and I have been to your beautiful home a number of times. I enjoyed the Digital-Analog Challenge of 2007 and a few more visits later.

I believe the last visit I brought my daughter.
At the time, she was in Junior High... she is now a Junior at Seattle Pacific University.... how time flies!

I had a wonderful time each and every visit, can't think of a better host than you Mike

Look forward to when I will be able to return the favor and have your over.
hi Rich,

welcome to WBF!

i'm over near Seattle in North Bend (much closer to you than Spokane) and you are welcome to visit here too.

best regards,

Mike

Last edited:

curbfeeler

Apr 19, 2012
I lived within 100 miles of Spokane north or south during my formative years.Visited relatives there often.
Sure, when I travel your direction I'll PM you to get an address. Could be as early as mid-July.

Reactions: Folsom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing