Ideon Audio Absolute DAC - anyone heard it?

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
The LDMS is a server I use with the ideon Master reclocker. the maker of the LDMS works with ideon. sorry if I was not clear. the show I think had the new dac and re clocker but with there server
it was a very good room over all. while I love a lampi dac over all the SS dac of there’s is very good. Good enough to be
up against dacs at any price of the SS type. while severs matter if one uses a reclocker it’s less important.
but this is a topic for another thread.
if one is looking for a SS dac at a far lower prices then the ultra expensive ones. before one takes out a home equity loan I would give one a try
I doubt anyone would not be very happy with its sound
just to be clear I have no association or building of any audio devices for anyone but myself.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
At this years caf show the full stack ideon is a top player but it’s not cheap either. A good SS dac has qualities a tube dac does not. tube magic rules and as lampi progressed they have got the best of SS sound while retaining the tube magic. i use there master re clocker. i think there are better server /streamers one being the LDMS
I own one it’s very good.
I was at this year's CAF show, and personally thought the Tidal/Ideon room was just okay, sounded very hifi, and lacked some of liquidity and naturalness that is to my taste. The Kharma/CJ room sounded far far better next door.

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
I was at this year's CAF show, and personally thought the Tidal/Ideon room was just okay, sounded very hifi, and lacked some of liquidity and naturalness that is to my taste. The Kharma/CJ room sounded far far better next door.
the room you posted of was analog the times I went in and yes best of show in smaller room aside of the von vac room. so in a digital room what did you feel faired better aside of the large room I posted a about ?

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
the room you posted of was analog the times I went in and yes best of show in smaller room aside of the von vac room. so in a digital room what did you feel faired better aside of the large room I posted a about ?
I have actually only heard the Kharma room when they were using a digital source. Their Lampizator dac and Aurender server were not working the whole weekend, so they used a $200 Cambridge 540c CD player, which was mind boggling considering how great it sounded.

For the Tidal/Ideon room, I think it had excellent clarity and detail, but the music wasn't continuous, it sounded like it was atomized if that makes sense. The music was made up of pin-point detail that didn't quite flow together. That being said, I was only in that room once over the weekend. I would go back for another listen if i could.

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
For the Tidal/Ideon room, I think it had excellent clarity and detail, but the music wasn't continuous, it sounded like it was atomized if that makes sense. The music was made up of pin-point detail that didn't quite flow together.
That's very interesting -- I had the exact opposite experience listening at home: there was musical coherence, fluidity, and continuity! :)
Mind you, I used my own little PC-based server as a source.
Or, perhaps, the system was still cold as you suggested.

Reactions: K3RMIT

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
It's called "epsilon". Other than the name, on the outside it looks like the one I auditioned.
Yes, it is the latest version of the Absolute DAC which recently has been reviewed by Alan Sircom of Hi-Fi+.

I am wondering if there is also a new version of the Ayazi DAC upcoming.

Matt

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
I am wondering if there is also a new version of the Ayazi DAC upcoming.

Matt
Good question (i admit I am quite happy with my current model!). Maybe ask them directly?

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
We use words to describe what we hear. trouble is while words have definite meaning it’s how we apply them that varies. I myself am horrible in explaining sound. but when it’s music it is as you some say. the kharma room had modified amps , preamps by the owner. what I can’t say but was told. so in short the speakers and it’s amp preamp sounded great
so any source might be great
there analog was superb and to me best of show over all. even the big vac von room did not best it in analog anyway

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
The perception of sound is as we hear it. that room was amazing the Second I walked in
so was the ideon room
heck I only looked what it was cause it was soo good

Reactions: Gregm

saturdayboy

Aug 2, 2019
Good question (i admit I am quite happy with my current model!). Maybe ask them directly?
There is a new dac positioned & priced in between the Ayazi and the Absolute being released in about a month, called the Ion.

I’ve had the Ayazi for a few months, and it is excellent. An absolute bargain, prob the best dac under $10K that I’ve heard.

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
There is a new dac positioned & priced in between the Ayazi and the Absolute being released in about a month, called the Ion.

I’ve had the Ayazi for a few months, and it is excellent. An absolute bargain, prob the best dac under $10K that I’ve heard.
Thanks for the info. Something to look out for!

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Do you have a link?
Thanks

Matt

saturdayboy

Aug 2, 2019
(use Google translate if you can’t read Greek)

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
(use Google translate if you can’t read Greek)

According to the link they will launch Ion, a DAC with integrated analogue preamp.
Further three new devices between Master and Absolute, a reclocker, a streamer and a DAC.

Matt

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
According to the link they will launch Ion, a DAC with integrated analogue preamp.
Further three new devices between Master and Absolute, a reclocker, a streamer and a DAC.

Matt
Thanks Matt.
Happy new year and all that!
You've brushed up on your Greek, i see ;)

• Haha
Reactions: matthias

springson

Jan 5, 2022
I used the three of Ideon, which is fantastic, especially upgraded the time from one to four~!
I think that the six of ideon system should be best in the world maybe;)? which can match over my kalista Dreamplay CD transport. I would like to share some information and the system building later.

Attachments

• 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
I used the three of Ideon, which is fantastic, especially upgraded the time from one to four~!
Hello, thanks for the photos.
Do I understand correctly, you are using the Absolute DAC, the Stream and *four* Absolute Time reclockers??

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
@springson: Very, very impressive system BTW!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing