I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
it's like people who leave in micro homes...every inch counts.

Or those trying to live on a boat. It all looks a bit more organized than before.

I noticed the amp in the edge of the photo. Did you not used to stack the XS150s or are they now four boxes side by side? Also, I see the XS Pre on the rack? Did you ever consider auditioning the XS Phono? Where are you with the Stillpoints re evaluation? Are they all back in the system? What are the results so far?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Russians on a boat have the whole vox Olympian system running on batteries like at Munich

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Or those trying to live on a boat. It all looks a bit more organized than before.

I noticed the amp in the edge of the photo. Did you not used to stack the XS150s or are they now four boxes side by side? Also, I see the XS Pre on the rack? Did you ever consider auditioning the XS Phono? Where are you with the Stillpoints re evaluation? Are they all back in the system? What are the results so far?

yes...XS amps were stacked. I felt they messed with the soundstage *(due to there height on stands, stacked). I use the stand's granite/mdf platform shelves now without the stands that boosted them 8 inches higher.

Regarding Stillpoints, I removed all of them from my system and listened to it that way for over a month. What I have done differently this time moving them back in is using them only on component power supplies for the main XS pre, XS power amp PS's and both phono stage PS's...one for the Allnic and two for the Lamm. There are no Stillpoints used on gain stage analog components. I do not notice any tonal shift and do hear better resolved and refined bass....mid bass in particular. Still evaluating things this way.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hello Christian,

How is the CA doing on the Herzan table? I see the Stillpoint under the CA too.
Did you try the Herzan under the LP1 or Allnic? So many questions..sorry. You just have so many interesting gears in your room and am trying to get some feedback from those who have used vibe mgt device under their phono.

Kind regards,
Tang

Kind regards,
Tang

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hello Christian,

How is the CA doing on the Herzan table? I see the Stillpoint under the CA too.
Did you try the Herzan under the LP1 or Allnic? So many questions..sorry. You just have so many interesting gears in your room and am trying to get some feedback from those who have used vibe mgt device under their phono.

Kind regards,
Tang

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tang,

The CA performs better with active isolation (no surprise being non-suspended). Sadly it will lose it's comfy spot on the Herzan NDW-23 when the AS2000 arrives. I have not tried phono stages with active isolation. It is kind of a pain to perform that experiment (moving the stuff around). That said, when the AS2000 ships, I will move the CA to it's own rack sitting on stillpoint ultra 5's. Then I will have an opportunity to try one of the phono stages on the NDW-23. The UHA RTR deck has stolen the TS-140 spot the CA was using before the NDW-23 arrived. I did not think RTR would benefit much with active isolation. I was wrong. If for some reason the AS2000 does not work well with active isolation, I will have a rigid steel stable built and use the NDW-23 to hold my main preamp and one phono stage (4 chassis' total should fit).

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang,

The CA performs better with active isolation (no surprise being non-suspended). It is kind of a pain to perform that experiment (moving the stuff around). That said, when the AS2000 ships, I will move the CA to it's own rack sitting on stillpoint ultra 5's. Then I will have an opportunity to try one of the phono stages on the NDW-23. The UHA RTR deck has stolen the TS-140 spot the CA was using before the NDW-23 arrived. I did not think RTR would benefit much with active isolation. I was wrong. If for some reason the AS2000 does not work well with active isolation, I will have a rigid steel stable built and use the NDW-23 to hold my main preamp and one phono stage (4 chassis' total should fit).

You are 6'6" and saying this. I am a smurf at 5'7" really feel exponential of what you talked about.

Good thing you dont have a big Studer so you can put the TS-140 in good use.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
When you will receive AS 2000?
We are very curious to see it and listen your opinion among the top TT you have

Regards

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Regards

Christian can report before any oneelse. Mine will be delivered in March-April.

I dont know if the sound from my AS set up with Stacore rack will be as good as Mike's and Christen's on Herzan or not. But one thing for sure, my total package will look hell a lot better than their AS on the Herzan butcher table :p.

Kind regards,
Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, as an early adopter of Stacore, I can tell you the stuff looks and feels absolutely first class. Quite how a platform can be sexy is quite a feat, helped by all that Italian slate.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

Regards

He’ll have it for Christmas if he’s not on Santa’s naughty list but Santa has a lot of concern for the Herzan contraption!

Papa Noel

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
He’ll have it for Christmas if he’s not on Santa’s naughty list but Santa has a lot of concern for the Herzan contraption!

Papa Noel

That is soon. David, will you be arriving with the turntable to help set it up, or will Christian be doing that himself and running it in for a while before you visit him? I bet he can't contain his excitement.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Santa has a lot of concern for the Herzan contraption!

Papa Noel

I do too.... worst case, it sits on the NDW-23 with active isolation off (passive), I order a rigid steel support table and use the NDW-23 elsewhere in the system for componentry isolation.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just how in blazes does Santa get the AS down the chimney?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Dave, that’s what all those heavy duty reindeer are for.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
That is soon. David, will you be arriving with the turntable to help set it up, or will Christian be doing that himself and running it in for a while before you visit him? I bet he can't contain his excitement.
I’ll be there!
david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Christian,

I heard from David that your AS is looking simply beautiful in real. Any pictures?

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing