Hobbies

Guys that have extramarital affairs often consider that to be THEIR hobby!

This reminds me of a friend who I met because of the audio hobby, and he had at least 5 hobbies prior to the audio hobby, and one of his hobbies in fact was having E.A. ;) He did not last too long in the audio hobby.:)

The only real conscious plan I ever followed re: my personal life was understanding that I was going to get married relatively late (40). Had I got married at 30, for ex., I'm sure it would have ended in divorce.

Last edited:
Steve --

Are you volunteering to be our Ann Landers? The 'Ask Dr. Steve' forum? :)

AUDIOPHILE CAUGHT CHEATING ON HIS TUBE AMP.

Authorities report that (insert any of the posters' names in this thread) has been sued for "indiscretion" after being tempted by a solid state amplifier. "I just got lured in when she said she was Class A..." was his response. Plaintiff is seeking damages which include exotic wood cable lifters and an undisclosed amount of VPI bricks. The forlorn tube amp was quoted, "I should have known something was up when he bought her those silver and gold interconnects. Audition, my ass..... Maybe I should have let him roll my tubes more often........"

AUDIOPHILE CAUGHT CHEATING ON HIS TUBE AMP.

Authorities report that (insert any of the posters' names in this thread) has been sued for "indiscretion" after being tempted by a solid state amplifier. "I just got lured in when she said she was Class A..." was his response. Plaintiff is seeking damages which include exotic wood cable lifters and an undisclosed amount of VPI bricks. The forlorn tube amp was quoted, "I should have known something was up when he bought her those silver and gold interconnects. Audition, my ass..... Maybe I should have let him roll my tubes more often........"

Mark? Are you there, dude?

The revealing thing about this thread is that it would seem that there is something we like to talk about as much as audio.

Tim

Man

i come across this thread and it is like an Ann Landers column for elderly audiophiles with a bit of Divorce Court thrown in

Hahahahahahaha! Do note that not a one has admitted anything, not even a one night stand. Can you imagine if someone did and his wife logged on. Steve would be Jerry Springer and Ron and Lee the bouncers breaking up the fight!

Hahahahahahaha! Do note that not a one has admitted anything, not even a one night stand. Can you imagine if someone did and his wife logged on. Steve would be Jerry Springer and Ron and Lee the bouncers breaking up the fight!

Hey... my wife knows about all of my exploits! I'm probably the only one here with a stripper pole in their bedroom! Forget about big speakers and such, this thing has ZERO WAF !!

Attachments

• SP..jpg
    SP..jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 48

I'll jump....17 years later and I'm still suffering the consequences! Was it worth it? Of course not! I was a stupid young, talented, creative, arrogant, successful upper-management executive who had the world in the palm of his hand. I could have retired very comfortably 10 years ago, but instead find myself struggling from paycheque to paycheque with no one in my life. Having an extra-marital affair doesn't just kill one's marriage....trust me.

Here's the sad thing...I loved my wife, I truly did. Why I did what I did still remains a mystery to me, and I suspect it'll always remain that way. The pain I caused my family and myself has never gone away, and that is something I live with daily. I haven't seen my daughter in 14 years, and I suspect I never will. She's a grown woman now.

Sorry for the rant......

I'll jump....17 years later and I'm still suffering the consequences! Was it worth it? Of course not! I was a stupid young, talented, creative, arrogant, successful upper-management executive who had the world in the palm of his hand. I could have retired very comfortably 10 years ago, but instead find myself struggling from paycheque to paycheque with no one in my life. Having an extra-marital affair doesn't just kill one's marriage....trust me.

Here's the sad thing...I loved my wife, I truly did. Why I did what I did still remains a mystery to me, and I suspect it'll always remain that way. The pain I caused my family and myself has never gone away, and that is something I live with daily. I haven't seen my daughter in 14 years, and I suspect I never will. She's a grown woman now.

Sorry for the rant......

I guess I killed the thread..sorry. Please allow me this parting video as I remain hopefull.

Hate me, hit me, destroy me....but why take away my child?

I guess I killed the thread..sorry. Please allow me this parting video as I remain hopefull.

Hate me, hit me, destroy me....but why take away my child?

Yeah, that was a buzzkill, John, but that's ok. I have been divorced, and separated from a child, and I understand your pain.

Tim

Why I did what I did still remains a mystery to me, and I suspect it'll always remain that way.

John-I really don't think it's a mystery. You did it because you wanted to and you could.

Mark

Ok...enough of that downer....sorry guys, I was having a bad day yesterday.

I used to collect marbles as a kid...must of had 2,000 or so....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing